Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor b/band speeds/ inconsistet speed test results

moansalot13
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Poor b/band speeds/ inconsistet speed test results

Hi signed up on 3rd August for both phone and fttc 80mb package  -  installation finnally undertaken on 16th Aug - which pushing the 14 days cooling off period allowed.

BT engineer installed service  and hone / bband active same day - however advised there was a outside line fault which he would report and the underground tean would resolve in next couple of days.

While phone and bband working in interim  poor speeds circa 60mb d/l observed - apparently line fault not resolved in anticipated time frame  -

17 August advided that there has been a delay to phone line order - this despite phone being installed  the previous day 

- engineer finally arranged for friday 26th aug for line failt -.todate  no indication that fault resolved - speeds being achieved still circa 60mb d/l. so assuming not.

in interim advised by Plusnet that BT coding error ?? preventing proper service activation ( phone and bband still working in interim) 

finally Monday 29th advised that account now activated !!! - 23 days after initial order placed and a further 13 days after engineer installed phone/bband 

Same day recieve an email advising that my order completed and activated !!!

tuesday 30th - rec'd another email  stating my initial estimated line speed 75.2mbps - 80mbps  and current speed 65.8mbps  - but dont worry you should be able to improve things following our tips in broadband.speed.guide ( which seems to refer mostly to wifi speed issues

tickets 13230927 and 130775629 refer to this installation sage  -

refer speed test date from seeptest.net  speedfo.me and btwholesale site

fyi yesterday d/l speeds of less than 20mbps we being reported at times

please review /comment  / resolve issues  - fyi I currently have two active account's with plusnet  (ADSL ) which have worked faultlessly  ( under different user id's) afaid i can't say same about this FTTC install

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5594193810.png

http://speedof.me/show.php?img=160831125302-374.png

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Poor b/band speeds/ inconsistet speed test results

Hi there,

I've just been running some diagnostics which haven't indicated any obvious causes for this. 

Thanks a lot for checking what you have so far and I'd advise reporting this as a fault with us formally as the next step: http://faults.plus.net 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
moansalot13
Rising Star

Thanks Adam

i have been advised to connect router to bt master socket and wait while some tests are run   - was that you ?

if so i'll report as a fault - fyi as you may have spotted the initial install engineer reported that there was indeed a line fault  - which should have finally been cleared on friday 26th Aug -though as yet  no advise received that fault was actually cleared 

moansalot13
Rising Star

Thanks Adam

i have been advised to connect router to bt master socket and wait while some tests are run   - was that you ?

if so i'll report as a fault - fyi as you may have spotted the initial install engineer reported that there was indeed a line fault  - which should have finally been cleared on friday 26th Aug -though as yet  no advise received that fault was actually cleared 

Regards

moansalot13
Rising Star

hi - reading other users similar b/band speeds  spotted a post that suggested  using following checker 

at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Telephone?URL=&SP_NAME=a%20service%20provider&VERSION=...

FYI site reporting  - There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line. - fyi still running connection off BT Test Socket for testing purposes   - how long do i need to keep that up

Regards 

slightly worryingly it can't find my phone number ( perhaps because it is plus net provided phone "  - though BT Wholesale checker does recognize the line current BTW test showing 59.24 mbps d/l and 15.64 mbps u/l with ping of 15.63ms - this is roughly the speeds achieved since install on 16 aug  -though the odd test  has shown considerably lower speeds

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Duplicate post removed as had been caught by the spam filter and OP reposted

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

moansalot13
Rising Star

btw speedtest conducted a few min ago 20:35 this evening-  modem is connected to test socket and connection is via ethernet

please find test results attached 10mbps d/l  and 13 mbps upload  - strongly suggest that there is a seriuus problem with my service

regards