cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Upload Speed

Presky

Poor Upload Speed

I have fibre broadband with Plusnet. The download speed is ok at around 34 Mbps but the upload speed is extremely poor at 1.6 Mbps. The Plusnet chat help is down so wondered if they are on here and can help?

4 REPLIES 4
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Poor Upload Speed

Hi @Presky, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forums.
I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues as of recent. Having a look into your connection I can see the download speed looks to be provisioned incorrectly. In which case, I've placed a modify order to correct your upload speed and this should complete in the next 24-48 hours for us. If you turn the rotuer off and back on Friday morning then you should see the correct upload now coming through. If you have any further issues then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.

Presky

Thank you for dealing with this, it's much appreciated. As far as I can tell it's always been like this (a few years since going to Fibre) and I didn't realise I was getting a sub standard service. Is there any compensation for this as it looks like it's a Plusnet error and I've been paying for a service I haven't been receiving?

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Presky, thanks for getting back to me. I've checked your connection today and can see the upload change looks to have gone through with now 10Mbps upload showing as reaching the router.
I'm afraid we wouldn't look to offer compensation on such an issue like this as we were never made aware of the problem to correct the upload speed and when we were we did so immediately. Not only that but it's only recently we've started including upload estimates on re-contracts and I can't see you've had one of these previously. I'm glad to hear the upload speed is now where it needs to be however and if there's anything further we can help you with please don't hesitate getting back in touch.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@BD  Ben, while you're here, another one with 2 Mb upload here https://community.plus.net/t5/Business/dslam-issue/m-p/1792280#M4562 . Also since it's a business line , is the download wrong as well ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.