cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Upload Speed?

tonyc2017

Poor Upload Speed?

I currently have the Plusnet Unlimited Fibre package and am pretty happy with it but I've noted that my upload speed seems to be disproportionately worse than my downstream rate.  I've done the BT wholesale test which seems to indicate in a worse case scenario I should be getting 6mbps and best case is 10mbps.

In reality I get around 4mbps. Is there anything else possibly at play here like a cap on PN's side maybe? I want to do a bit of game streaming so need to squeeze every last bit up that copper pipe!  In comparison my experienced download rate is around 34mbps so above the low threshold shown below. From this I would expect upload rate of around 7-8 Mbps maybe? 

upload.PNG

Speed Test Result -

ookla.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Poor Upload Speed?

Hi @tonyc2017, sorry to hear you're having broadband issues.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online here

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team