cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Speeds

Alucidnation
Rising Star

Poor Speeds

Well, looks like after the honeymoon period of good speeds, everything has dropped considerably.
After a quick Speedtest i now get...

This is with a 70mb connection and usually getting 67mb D/L, but also noticed upload has dropped considerably.
Is this something i need to open a fault for?
EDIT: just checked my gateway and at some point it has jumped to a much poorer one.
Why does this keep happening, especially when i havent rebooted the modem or anything?
4 REPLIES 4
Dhaos
Grafter

Re: Poor Speeds

It happens when you have a PPPoE disconnect. Check the uptime on your router page
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Thanks for that, buti rebooted the router (im using an Asus) before checking.
However, checking the log i am getting multiple lines of...
"kernel: eth1: received packet with  own address as source address"

These seem to have started a day or so ago.
Would the reason be that i have just added a powerline to clone and extend the wifi?
sjptd
Grafter

I assume the test itself was run wired?
Also that you know the sync speed is still high (eg from modem stats or BT wholesale speedtest)?
You don't say if the Asus router is a combined modem/router or if you are using an Openreach modem.
Seems easy enough to disconnect the powerlines temporarily and see if that has any effect.
Dhaos
Grafter

Have a read through this https://www.avforums.com/threads/asus-rt-n66u-help-please-received-packet-with-own-address-as-source...
They seem to have had the same problem as you and it sounds like its due to wifi extenders.