cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Fiber

Alex2x
Grafter

Poor Fiber

Can somebody check my BB please, I have noticed recently speed problems occuring and also had two disconections tonight, but like I said, not been very impressed with the fiber for a while now.

Kind Regards

9 REPLIES 9
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Poor Fiber

Hi @Alex2x,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. I've tested your line today and I can see that there is a fault located externally to the property. I've raised a ticket on your account regarding this, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex2x
Grafter

BT openreach came round didn't fix the problem, said someone will be out soon ?
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Alex2x,

I have checked the fault for you and I can see that it is still assigned to the engineers, it has not been cleared yet. We should be getting the engineer notes by tomorrow morning.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex2x
Grafter

Just received this.
Little worried now about this £65 charge. We already had an engineer out testing who thinks the fault is between the house and the telegraph pole. Can't locate master socket in the house , it was built in the 1940's.

Dear Mr Patience,

Our supplier has investigated your home phone fault and found that further testing is needed. They have requested that we book an appointment with you for an engineer to visit the property to continue the investigation

Before booking an engineer we strongly recommend going through a few checks to make sure that nothing within your premises is causing the problem.

We have a video guide on how to resolve a few basic phone problems:

The link is http://youtu.be/7gofRBmT4PU

If you are unable to watch the video for any reason the steps are outlined below.

We need to find your master socket, this is often the first telephone point where the line enters your home. If you’re still unsure of what that looks like, we have a guide here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

When you've found it you need to make sure it’s working properly:
Locate your master telephone socket, and unplug all other equipment from the line (ideally, please try this from the test socket (behind the removable front plate of the master socket)
Now take the corded handset and plug directly into the master socket.

Pick up your handset and see if you’re still having the same problem.

If you have done all the above checks and the issue is still evident then we can arrange to send an engineer to you. However, if an engineer visits your premises and the issue is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT equipment a charge of £65 may apply. This is why we advise of the above checks.

If you wish to proceed with an engineer appointment we need the following information:

Agreement that if the issue is caused by any of the above that you may receive a £65 charge.

An alternative contact number preferably a mobile

Availability should an engineer need to attend the premises, between the hours of 8am-1pm & 1pm-6pm Monday - Friday.

If there is anything else that we can help with then please do not hesitate to get back in touch. You can reply to this ticket through the Member Centre Contact us facility or you can call us on 0800 432 0200

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to us @Alex2x,

I can see you had an external fault, although it appears further work needs to be completed to fix the issue.

Please give us a nudge here once you've replied on the ticket so we can get an appointment arranged.

Thanks.

Alex2x
Grafter

Well my partner that has been here for over 30 years says there is no master socket, the only socket we have is in the living room.

Also had an engineer out here on the 09/10 he said that he needs to check the wiring at the telegraph pole, then we get an email saying that they need to do more test internally..... haven't they done this already ? Oh yeah and then the email saying that i could be charged £65 if they find a fault internally. Well im am a bit concerned about booking an appointment for the fear of £65. All that I know that the Fiber broadband was working and now it doesnt, and im paying money for somthing thst doesn't work very well.

Any suggestions.

Kind Regards 

Alex.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Alex2x

This charge would only apply if the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within your property and its boundary, or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer. This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or cancel without giving us 2 working days' notice.

This statement is provided prior to all engineer visits and is stipulated by our suppliers. 

To give you a bit more information the full charge to us is about 3 x as much as this, but we only pass along £65 of the charge if any of the above rings true. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Alex2x
Grafter

Hello and thank you for the reply. So my Fiancee remembers BT connecting the phone up 30 years ago, no work has been carried out since, we can't find a master socket in the house so does that mean we will be charged because the wiring hasn't been updated, I wouldd have thought it was up to BT to upgrade if the wiring was outdated. The previous test that have been done all point to an external fault so if the phone line running from our house is corroded damaged due to age and weather will we charged. We currently have internet ATM because it's not windy, I am no engineer but to me that would suggest a line fault between our house and the telegraph pole, as the engineer suggested when he was here, in fact he said that was what the next step would be to go and check the telegraph pole.

Thank you.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Alex2x 

The engineer will most likely fit a new Master Socket if there is none in the premise - AFAIK this should not warrant a charge. 

Any degradation to the line external to your premise would also not normally draw a charge. 

Thanks,

MoR