cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Fiber speed. Plus net only promise 4.2 Mbps.

FIXED
Soulsville
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Poor Fiber speed. Plus net only promise 4.2 Mbps.

Plusnet are very slow in doing something for me. I had a tech guy ring me today and he also wrote in the open question.

But customer care send their email without even looking at the open question or what the tech guy said.

What is going on a Plusnet? maybe some one from Plusnet can let me know.

Plusnet really don't care about me it seems even though I have been with them for many many years.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Soulsville, I'm sorry to hear you're still having speed issues and apologies for any confusion the automated speed fault ticket may have caused. I've looked into your fault and updated the ticket which can be seen here with the current speed situation and available options from here if you wish for us to progress this issue further. By all means once you've replied to the ticket then feel free to drop us a further message on here and we'll happily get this picked up for you.

Soulsville
Rising Star

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your intervention but still I am still convinced that the left hand & right hand are not connected at Plusnet. I spoke to the tech guy from Plusnet and he told me I was being capped at 6 Mbps, he told me he did not not know why, but he was going to lift the cap and I should see my speed rise within 48 hours which has now risen to just over 7 Mbps. So my question Bob why was Plusnet capping me at 6 Mbps when by line speed is capable of over 11 Mbps. Why all the fibs and telling me there was no problem with my speed. Why do you set the guarantee for my line at 4.2 when my line speed is over 11 Mbps. As I have stated many times at least 3 engineers from Openreach have told me there should be a relay box in my hamlet of Old Woods, so that myself and my neighbours can get decent speeds.

Plusnet being a BT company must have some clout and I feel Plusnet should request Openreach to put a relay box in Old Woods. With the Digital Economy Act 2017 coming into effect early next year something needs to be done. I was getting speeds of around 9 Mbps before I was capped and I was happy with that. I have been with Plusnet for 14 years and most of the time it has been great, but when things are not right it can take ages to get things back to where it was before the problem. 

This is why I am complaining Bob, all I want really is to go back to the speed I was getting and happy with. But the real problem is that a relay box is needed here in Old Woods.

Just a footnote I have the Openreach Mk 4 box which my Plusnet Fibre Hub is plugged into directly so I have no internal wiring what so ever. Why do you and Plusnet try and pin faults on me?

Regards

Soulsville.

Soulsville
Rising Star

Whoops sorry Ben, I called you Bob. Sorry about that.

Regards

Soulsville

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Soulsville 

More to the point, why are you on FTTC?

How far away is the DSLAM, a GEA test from plusnet will tell you that.

How far away is your exchange?

Who funded the FTTC, was it your local authority, under the BDUK scheme.

You can find out more information by going here

www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.welcome

and entering your BT phone number.

Soulsville
Rising Star

Fix

Hello Ben

Good news since Plusnet has lifted the cap on my line my speed is now back to 9 Mbps, Success at last. But my final question is why was my line capped and why did I have to go through all this hassle of getting my line speed back when I have been a loyal customer for 14 years. I am probably one of your longest customers.

Regards

Soulsville

Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi Rising Star,

Thank you for your post. My problem has now been sorted. It seems that Plusnet had capped my line to 6 Mbps. A tech guy at Plusnet, the other day lifted the cap and now I am back getting a speed of 9 Mbps, so I am happy to be back where I was before the cap.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Soulsville,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm really glad to hear your speeds have returned to what they should be. The capping of a line is usually done automatically by a system called DLM or from a previous engineer visit and it hasn't been lifted.

Give us a shout here if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi Maddy, 

If it was as simple a thing as you put in your post why oh why was it not picked up by Plusnet earlier. I got the runaround from Plusnet telling me the speed was ok and that there was nothing they could do. So full marks go to the Plusnet tech guy who rang me and realised I was being capped and lifted the cap. It took 2 weeks to get my speed back after first complaining and not being taken seriously and given the runaround. 

Now I will keep my fingers crossed I don't get capped again.

Regards

Soulsville

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

I'm sorry that this wasn't picked up sooner, @Soulsville - I'll ensure that we internally review the faults process that was followed and ensure that any feedback is provided to the agents concerned.

If there's anything else you need going forward, please just let us know.

Best wishes

Dave