cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor FTTC speeds

gunster
Dabbler

Poor FTTC speeds

My FTTC speed is a joke to be honest, my 3G is faster than my connection, with a BTWholsale speed test I am getting 9.6Mbps down & 0.37Mbps up. there is a BT Openreach cabinet opposite my house, is this the best I should expect ?

PlusNet can you help please ?

6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Poor FTTC speeds

Your line is performing slightly below the estimates of 13.1 to 18.4Mbps, with it currently in sync at 12.2 Mbps.

It's worth completing the fault checker you started just to see if anything else can be done to improve that last little speed from the line.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gunster
Dabbler

Well if this is the best 21st century fibre broadband can offer then PN are not all the seem to be cracked up to be. I cannot game while someone else in the house is on youtube. There is a new OR cabinet outside my house but it seems far to ridiculous to be connected to that. Thanks PN!

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Hello,

You state a cabinet is opposite your house, do you know where the PCP cabinet is?

Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
gunster
Dabbler

Sorry I'm not sure what is meant by PCP cabinet, I am connected to s cabinet several streets away but over the last week a new Openreach cabinet has appeared outside my house, I spoke to the engineers who were doing work inside.
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Oh I've read about this happening elsewhere.

It's very likely it'll be serving another street, it's possibly serving the road where you're current cabinet it.

You'll unlikely to be moved to this cabinet unfortunately.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
gunster
Dabbler

So I'm stuck with terrible slow BB with no fix possible ?