cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor DL speed on new fibre connection

gwyneryl
Dabbler

Poor DL speed on new fibre connection

Getting poor download speeds on a newly upgraded fttc service, upload speeds are as expected.
The BT wholesale speedtest suggests a max achievable download speed of 77.43Mb and an IP profile of 77.43Mb but I'm only getting a download speed of approx 10.5Mbps (about the same as I used to get on ADSL2).
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed shows a current line speed of 10.6Mb.  I think from reading other posts on here that somebody at PN may need to give one of their systems a kick up the backside.
6 REPLIES 6
Starmans
Grafter

Re: Poor DL speed on new fibre connection

I suggest trying to contact PN via online chat might resolve your issue quicker.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

If this hasn't been picked up by the time I get in(about 30 mins),  I'll get it sorted,  I'll send you a message from  your account once done Smiley
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Smiley
I've checked on this and the line speed is correct our side at least on the account linked to your forum username, can you restart your router and try another test for me please, if this in relation to another account would you be able to PM me the username Smiley
Thanks
gwyneryl
Dabbler

All working this morning after dropping and reestablishing the PPP session.
Speed is now showing correctly in the member centre. 
Many thanks for your help.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Brilliant Smiley
Glad it's all working for you
fletpablo
Grafter

Plusnet are very bad Service when i first joined you had 24 technical help !!
Now it s only until 8pm and 30 minutes wait for answering phone or chat i was told when you cut 24 technical help ul , you would be increasing to less  waiting call times
but that is not true unless you change service and bring a reusable service , becasue you have changed terms and cont ywill have to look elsewhere for better service