cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet support - missed expectations, am I unrealistic?

bustinjustin

Plusnet support - missed expectations, am I unrealistic?

Hi,

Looking for advice from other Plusnet customers on best way to deal with customer support.  I have a feeling there is no one at Plusnet owning my issue with FTTC and pushing Openreach.  This issue and ticket is long running with many missed promises, unresponsive to ticket updates and it appears there's a complete lack of ownership.

I've tried ticket updates, twitter and chat assist - but it's always me pushing - I don't have a feeling that Plusnet take this seriously or push the ticket forwards.

Due to non-performance at Plusnet, I'm thinking about changing to another provider (possibly Zen Internet) for better support.  Are my expectations unreasonable? Should I expect Plusnet to take ownership of tickets and provide updates when they promise?  Is it just a fact of life that ISPs treat customers with disdain, and I need to get used to it...

Interested in your thoughts/ experiences and any tips to reset my expectations or optimise my interactions with Plusnet support...

Thanks,

Justin

8 REPLIES 8
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Plusnet support - missed expectations, am I unrealistic?

You haven't said what your issue is so how can the community offer any help? As for Plusnet support it can need some perseverance to get anywhere but generally things can be fixed. Perhaps you are expecting too much from a low budget supplier. Have a look at Andrews & Arnold prices to see what you need to pay for more personal service.Smiley

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

No, your not being unrealistic and from my limited use of support here I tend to agree with your assessment. The sad thing is, with a few exceptions, poor support tends to be the norm for this industry.

IMO the good thing about Plusnet is the help given by reps in this forum. I suggest you post here, giving details about your issues and hopefully one of the reps will pick it up.

The help given in here may just change your opinion about PN.

bustinjustin

Thanks for your feedback...

I've had intermittent issues with Fibre dropping, which Openreach diagnosed a fault with cable outside my house and recommended replacing. It was supposed to happen last week and didn't and I haven't received an update.

I've updated the ticket a couple of times, sent message on twitter and finally talked to someone on a chat today who promised someone will get to be today...

On the whole an unsatisfactory experience that after so many attempts, I'm still none the wiser and am losing faith that anyone at PN cares...

As such, my frustrated posted wasn't about the technical aspect of my connection failures, more about how to get a reply from PN. They don't seem to know how to manage Openreach, who just do as they please. If I understand correctly, I'll need at least two further visits (contractor for dig trench and engineer to connect cable).

I'm on the verge of emailing CEO, or just cancelling the contract and moving somewhere else...

While any service provider will need to engage Openreach to resolve this issue, I can't believe anyone else could be less competent in incident management and managing suppliers...
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

I'm afraid no one has much influence over Openreach, even the Ombudsman Service (Communications) can not direct them to take action. I discovered this when I complained to the Ombudsman Service (at a different supplier) and was told the issue was with Openreach and they are not signed up to the Ombudsman service and as such can not be instructed by them.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

From looking at your account I can see our suppliers have requested traffic management.

This has to be approved by your local council and the highways agency which may be why we haven't got a date yet.

The team who deal with this aren't in at this time in the evening but we'll get this chased up for you when they are.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@MatthewWheeler

When did Plusnet know that OpenReach had requested traffic management?

Why wasn't this automatically passed back to the OP to keep him in the picture instead of him having to chase you?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bustinjustin

Quick update - still no comms or update from PN...

However, Openreach visited yesterday, they replaced the duct and cable outside my house while I was out. Engineer called in the afternoon to say he'd been assigned to replace cable but work was already complete.

Return home in evening, DSL light is still off on Openreach router. What's the best (quickest) way for PN contact openreach to escalate this issue and request expedited resolution?

Given how long this issue has been running, and the current lack of progress- what options are there to gain progress?

Thanks,
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@bustinjustin Our suppliers have advised that the dig work has been completed but as the fault is still evident it's been passed back for further investigation

@jelv When any sort of traffic management is requested our suppliers give 5 working days for further updates. There was a slight delay in us picking the update up but we did add notes to the ticket stating external work was needed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team