Did you mean: 

Plusnet speed limiting connections due to Covid-19

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: Plusnet speed limiting connections due to Covid-19

Hi @RewindJack

Sorry to hear about problems with your broadband. I have just tested your line and there is no fault.

Router is getting correct speeds at all times and connection is stable. Can you please confirm if speeds you are getting are on wired connection?

I have checked history of usage and I can confirm that there was use for several hours with average of 14,5GB-15GB downloaded data per hour. This is equivalent of around ~33Mbps. Can you please let us know if there are any devices that may be downloading something in background when you are testing speed of your line?

CorbyDave
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi Bob

I realise you may have more important considerations at the moment, but did you have a chance to look into this? Nothing has changed at this end.

Dave

RewindJack
Hooked

I can confirm that I am doing the test using wired. I Just looked my speeds are up to 34 from 25 so its an improvement. Nothing was being downloaded at the time of the tests it just seems to be up high then drops extremely low. 
If the tests are saying my line is fine then is there anything else that could be the cause of this aka the exchange box in the area? 
Many thanks for checking!

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

@RewindJack  "Several hours with average of 14,5GB-15GB downloaded data per hour" - That's a lot of data, equivalent to 4-5 full length movies per hour. If it's not you downloading, or someone else in your household, then maybe it's someone you don't know.

Might be worth changing the router password, you'll have to change the password on all devices connected by WiFi. to match.

flump10
Hooked

I'm on Fibre Extra but getting max 30mbps. It has been as low as 14 and today it's been between 17 and 24, so not sure what's up with the service.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@CorbyDave wrote:

I realise you may have more important considerations at the moment, but did you have a chance to look into this? Nothing has changed at this end.

Should be sorted now Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

CorbyDave
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Bob, thank you very much - glorious 4k again!

Dave