cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet outage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plusnet outage

I tend to agree with @Andrue, that it was unlikely to be a DNS issue.

I have multiple TBB graphs, both IPv4 & IPv6, to different targets,  and I was seeing 80% packet loss on some routes, and 0% loss on others - between 13:00 and 15:30 on Wednesday 4th May.

I suspect that @Trying successfully changing DNS, was more to do with an uncorrupted route to Google DNS being different from a failing route to Plusnet DNS - rather than the Plusnet DNS actually being faulty.

Fortunately I was able to stay online, as most of my traffic is tunneled IPv6, and the route to my 6in4 tunnelbroker seemed unaffected,  whereas websites that only use IPv4 via Plusnet were very hit or miss. I also use tunneled IPv6 DNS, so again my connection had good resilience !

Of course if this forum had been dual-stacked IPv4+IPv6 then I would probably have been able to maintain a consistent connection to here ! - but sadly this forum is IPv4 only so connectivity was bad during the outage.  Crazy

patentspending
Hooked

I tried alternate dns and was unsuccessful. Seems peoples experience of the problem varied somewhat. I am hoping to hear from plusnet today to restore my service.
anniesboy
Rising Star

I have resolved my problem (reply 13)

I was experiencing very slow uploads,I discovered when connected via wifi ,upload was normal.

I connected laptop to router  with a cable uploads were ok ,I then reconnected PC and upload was as it should be.

I  can only assume the Ethernet was not properly connected.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Do we have another problem? In replying to a number of emails the message hangs on my screen for a long time. The original messages I am replying to are text only.

I sent a blank email to myself and this one hanged before leaving.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@artmo wrote:

Do we have another problem?

I'm not seeing packet loss anywhere, as was previously the case in this topic.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm not aware of any widespread problems today.

Might be worth starting a new thread specific to the issue you're experiencing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet