cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hub keeps losing my password overnight

jaiz

Plusnet hub keeps losing my password overnight

I'm a new customer whos service went live on Monday and every night since my service went live my  hub keeps dropping the password from the settings and disconnecting from the internet.  I can get back online by keying in my password and then it connects for the day but overnight it break again.

I was with SKY and never had any issues until now. Is my Hub faulty? Has anyone else had this problems and knows how to fix it?

6 REPLIES 6
wf1205
Hooked

Re: Plusnet hub keeps losing my password overnight

I have the same problem am new customer too. Very annoying
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @jaiz,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm really sorry to hear you are having trouble with the authentication of your router and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I have checked over your account and it seems like an auth issue from this side, I have changed a few settings that should help but could you go ahead and do the following:

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: (accountusername)@plusdsl.net

Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

@wf1205, it looks like you're back online here and have been for a couple of hours. Should you notice further issues give the steps mentioned above a go and get back to us if you need further support.

Thanks.

wf1205
Hooked

Sign out and sign in?Huh
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @wf1205,

I've made the same changes to your account. Please run through the steps that @Mads has posted above and the issue should hopefully be resolved. Please let us know if you experience this issue again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
TeaBee

My broadband went live on Wednesday and I am having exactly the same issue, so this still seems to be happening to customers. Is there anything I can do to resolve this or do I just have to wait to get through to the constantly busy support?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @TeaBee

As above, I've now made some changes to your account to resolve this - if you could re-authenticate your router as per the instructions from Emily that should get you back online consistently.

Best wishes

Dave