cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet hub 2 router: How to use WAN port as LAN port 4 (and check/update firmware)

FIXED
shinyblue
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Plusnet hub 2 router: How to use WAN port as LAN port 4 (and check/update firmware)

As I understand it, this router is the same as the BT SH2. That router can be configured to use the WAN port (part of a yellow block of RJ45 sockets but with a red WAN label) as an additional LAN port when you are using the RJ11 socket for your FTTC internet.

But I can't find that setting in the admin interface?

Also I can't see how to check or update the firmware for the router from the admin interface?

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Plusnet hub 2 router: How to use WAN port as LAN port 4 (and check/update firmware)

Fix

The hardware may be the same ad the BT SH2 but the Plusnet firmware is different and zAFAIK does not have the option to use the WAN port as a LAN port.

Firmware updates are automatically pushed to the router when they become available.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

shinyblue
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet hub 2 router: How to use WAN port as LAN port 4 (and check/update firmware)

Disappointing to have to replace poor firmware with extra hardware! Thanks for reply though.