cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre router

elevonic
Dabbler

Plusnet fibre router

Hi, I'm changing from BT to plusnet in a couple of weeks, going from a home hub 4 to a plusnet fibre router. I've got a few port forwards set up on my home hub 4, can anyone tell me the ip range on the plusnet router and how easy it will be to port forward. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Plusnet fibre router

Your Home hub 4 will work with PlusNet, it's probably simpler just to carry on using that. You just need to change the username/password to the PlusNet ones. See here for details on what needs reconfiguring http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/using-a-bt-homehub-3-or-2-on-plusnet-adsl-or-fttc/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

elevonic
Dabbler

That article mentions doing a factory reset, I presume I'll lose all my port forwards doing that, then I'll have to do them all again anyway.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

You only need a factory reset if you're currently broadcasting a BT_WIFI or BT_FON hotspot. Even if you need to do a reset and redo the forwarding, at least you will be familiar with how it's done on the Hub rather than having to use a new router with different port forwarding configuration.
Note: you could always try backing up the settings on the Hub  ( http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9615/~/can-i-back-up-my-bt-home-hub-settings%3F ) and restoring them after the reset ( if necessary ).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

your better off sticking with the homhub port forwarding doesn't work on the plusnet router it's cack for that DMZ is about the only thing that does work on them. 
elevonic
Dabbler

I'm using the HH4 with plusnet now, seems ok, can't change the DNS settings though, will that cause any problems?
elevonic
Dabbler

Just got an email from BT, they want the home hub back, after an 18 month contract had expired.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Did they give you an option to buy?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
elevonic
Dabbler

No, just said they wanted it back to 'recycle it'
Razorback
Grafter

Just ignore the email from BT they are just satisfying their recycling legal obligations. After 12 months with BT the homehub is yours., i confirmed that with them.
elevonic
Dabbler

Ok, thanks