cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Fair enough, I've just never seen that splash page before on a Plusnet-provided router.
If you haven't made too many configuration changes to the router, then no harm in doing as the message suggests I guess - Try resetting to factory defaults by holding a pin in the reset hole at the back for ten seconds or so.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@richardm111, if I were you , I'd definitely investigate you connecting to another network when this happens.  If you google the text of the error message you will see that it is always being given from a TPLink device (at least the first page of results).  I'd be very surprised if a different manufacturer gave exactly the same error message, word for word.

I've had an iPad for a couple of years, and have just recently got an iPhone.  The iPhone automatically connects to wifi networks that I've never connected to before on the iPhone, but probably have on the iPad, so there is obviously some sharing of wifi details between iOS devices.

You could try looking at the IP Address of the Gateway (Settings > Wi-Fi, then selecting the Wifi SID with the tick against it at the top of the list.  Firstly, is that SID the one you are expecting to be connected to?  When you have clicked on it, there will be an IP address of the Router (probably 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 or something similar).  In the web browser, go to that address.  Do you see a Plusnet branded page (for the Hub One), a TP Link page or something else?

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@bobpullen wrote:

@Jabr...You shouldn't need to do anything unless you're seeing the username and password prompt Richard's seeing. I'll apply the update to your router when I get to the office.

Update now applied Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

richardm111
Dabbler

I see a page entitled PlusNet Hub One. It has stumped me, I just don't know.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Your earlier screenshot didn't show that Huh
Regardless, few suggestions for things to try in preceding posts.
If the problem does continue though, then I'd suggest starting a new topic. I'm pretty confident based on the evidence so far that this is an unrelated issue.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

john78
Hooked

Hi @bobpullen,

I got my line activated yesterday and had dozens of disconections since then while trying to upload (light turning orange for 10 seconds or so, then back to blue, all connections lost in the meantime).

Looks like a fix is available. Could you apply it for my line as well?

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated Unknown.
Do you need extra info? my email is the same used as for bandwidth subscription.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@john78, if it's a newly delivered router then you'll automatically receive the upgrade over the next few days.

In way of an update - we've now upgraded all existing customers' routers (unless they were no longer on our hardware management platform), and newly provisioned devices will upgrade themselves after a few days of being online. It won't be too long before devices come off the factory-line with the newest firmware installed.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

johnaubreyellis

Currently having the same issue as lots of other people, whereby I am getting drop-outs every time I try to upload a file. I've been on plusnet for a month or two, originally I continued using a bt hub as it is essentially the hub as the plusnet, but only recently tried to upload something. Didn't work, so installed the plusnet hub instead, which has exactly the same result - uploads briefly and then cuts out.

It says last updated 22nd, but I don't think it's got the latest firmware installed, due to the problem not being solved.

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated 22/09/17

Do you need any other information to rectify the problem your end?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@johnaubreyellis, looks like your router received the update a couple of days ago.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

norbedd

Hi @bobpullen and others.

Recently joined plusnet's service after moving house, and low and behold i've noticed a few dropouts.. which definitely fit the bill of occurring on this.

Trying an upload this evening and the router logs are showing regular disconects every 4-10 minutes: eg:

02:00:10, 17 Oct. ( 5470.110000) PPPoE is down after 4 minutes uptime [Disconnected] 02:00:08, 17 Oct. ( 5467.950000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]

Currently on 40/2 package.

Uploads from Mac OSX to various servers (tried dropbox web, wetransfer)

Gateway: checker fails to identify

• core4-te0-8-0-1.faraday.ukcore.bt.net (62.6.201.196) 5.193 ms
  • core2-hu0-19-0-0.colindale.ukcore.bt.net (195.99.127.51) 6.056 ms
Router: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated Unknown

Would be much appreciated if the fix could be applied to my router.

Thanks,
Mark.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Struggling to communicate with your router Mark. If it's not too much trouble, do you think you could try factory resetting it using the pinhole at the back?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

lbrou

Hi Bob,

I seem to be having this issue as well. Could I have the update please? What information would you need from me (if any)?
norbedd

Hi @bobpullen Reset was done middle of last week, just forgot to post. Hopefully you can talk to it now.

Mark.

Speccy

Hi @bobpullen and friends,

I switched to PlusNet Unlimited Fibre a couple of months ago and seem to be having the same issue with uploads as others on here. When uploading large (50MB+) files to my website the connection drops every few minutes, taking out the broadband for the whole house. It's not making me popular with the kids...

I'm seeing messages like this in the router's log each time it happens:

20:18:47, 30 Oct. (4631844.010000) CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 4 VALUE CHANGE
20:18:46, 30 Oct. (4631843.350000) PPPoE is down after 3 minutes uptime [Disconnected]
20:18:44, 30 Oct. (4631840.920000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]

Gateway: psb-ir01.

Router: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated Unknown

That sounds like the latest firmware, so what else might be the problem?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

That is not the latest and suffers from the upload problem, you need to get it updated.