cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

colski3d

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

please let me have the new firmware

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@marksandler wrote:

I guess I should re-boot the router for the changes to become affective?   

No, you needn't reboot.

@colski3d wrote:

please let me have the new firmware

Sorted, although It's a config update, rather than a firmware upgrade. You'll need to avoid factory resetting the router else the changes will be lost.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

colski3d

Hey @bobpullen Thumbs_Up that might be working; the upload has progressed more than it has on my many previous attempts. Fingers crossed. No reboot. Thanks

colski3d

@bobpullen just confirming that the fix worked. I do think that you need to get this deployed as the user experience is horrible: uploads stop after ~2mins with no explanation.

marksandler
Dabbler

Big thanks for the fix. Can't believe it worked. PlusNet delivers again! 👍
Grahamcol

Having the same issue when trying to upload large files currently on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226

Is the fix going to be rolled out soon ? 

@bobpullen I feel pretty sure I have exactly the same problem, although I'm a relatively new user, I'm pretty unfamiliar with the One hub and navigating it's event logs.... that said, my issue is identical to previous posters and I also notice "PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]" and DHCP leases seem to be released/renewed every time there's a drop, etc etc.... I've submitted a fault report, if there's any assistance I could get while I'm waiting it would be much appreciated. If you'd like me to provide any further info, let me know.

Thanks, Chris

kevoconnor

@bobpullen - I'm having the same issue, internet dropping every few mins or so. How do I go about getting a firmware/config update?

I've attached my logs

@bobpullen So far the support team have advised that there doesn't seem to be a problem and stated that they're going to close the case. I've explained that I can recreate this issue at will, but in the meantime if I could try the fix that you've mentioned previously Bob, that'd be much appreciated.

joseogbourne

@bobpullen any chance you could try that fix with mine also please? would try anything to stop the random disconnects Smiley

hannahbeckitt

Dear Bob

Plusnet gave me the link to this thread.  We have had constant internet drop outs for 6 months -  just when navigating to a new page and it is driving me crazy trying to work from home, let alone paying extra for fibre and receiving awful internet connection.  I just got a new router from Plusnet to see if that helped but it did not.

Have read through many of your posts, could we have manual fix applied until plusnet roll out the general firmware update and how do I go about doing this?

Very grateful for any help

Thank you

Reading 

doubleref

Having looked through some of the replies to this thread, it appears I may be having the same issue. My connection has started dropping since moving from ADSL to Fibre, particuarly at weekends although this may be because we're using it more and therefore notice it more.

Generally the connection drops during media streaming, and now with Facetime. I don't actively upload stuff, but I imagine during streaming and Facetime there is a fair amount of data being uploaded in the background.

I've submitted a ticket (id: 150549590) but early stages so no reply. Restarting router etc doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@colski3d wrote:

Hey @bobpullen Thumbs_Up that might be working; the upload has progressed more than it has on my many previous attempts. Fingers crossed. No reboot. Thanks

Fantastic news Thumbs_Up

@colski3d wrote:

@bobpullen just confirming that the fix worked. I do think that you need to get this deployed as the user experience is horrible: uploads stop after ~2mins with no explanation.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get this passed on.

@marksandler wrote:
Big thanks for the fix. Can't believe it worked. PlusNet delivers again! 👍

Awesomeness, thanks for letting us know. Thumbs_Up

Sorry about the lack of response on this thread.

I've added the following to the open Problem ID 96703

@Grahamcol

@544648

@kevoconnor

@joseogbourne

@hannahbeckitt

@doubleref

Our Products Team will pick this up in due course.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carpettown

@bobpullen

When attempting to upload  PPP disconnects between 2 - 4 minutes every time.

Also the event log show a lot of events.

ROUTER = Sagecom CS 50001
FIRMWARE = Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated Unknown
PRODUCT = Unlimited fibre extra 80/20.

Windows 10 machine.
Using Google drive to upload.
Problem from day one.
Only used the Hub One Router.

gateway gives this response -

Sorry, the tool failed to identify your gateway; this does not mean that anything is wrong with your connection.

Posting the following information as a reply to the Gateway Checker Issues topic in the Community forums will help us to diagnose the problem.

• core2-hu0-18-0-0.southbank.ukcore.bt.net (62.172.103.24) 5.805 ms

THIS IS THE FROM THIS MORNING AFTER ATTEMPTED UPLOAD

09:27:59, 02 Jun. (241154.810000) Admin login successful by 192.168.1.75 on HTTP
09:27:50, 02 Jun. (241145.930000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
09:27:50, 02 Jun. (241145.920000) CWMP: Server URL: https://dbtpnhdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
09:27:50, 02 Jun. (241145.910000) CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '4 VALUE CHANGE'
09:27:50, 02 Jun. (241145.670000) CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 4 VALUE CHANGE
09:27:49, 02 Jun. (241144.950000) PPPoE is down after 4 minutes uptime [Disconnected]
09:27:47, 02 Jun. OUT: BLOCK [9] Packet invalid in connection (Invalid tcp flags for current tcp state: TCP [192.168.1.72]:49757-​>[216.58.206.46]:443 on ppp3)
09:27:47, 02 Jun. (241142.820000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

Kordgtr

Hi. I have spoken to faults who comfirm I am having this issue. Please can you update my firmware. 

Cheers