cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Telegraphhill
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@bobpullen

Hardreset reset from router, S/N xxxxxxxxx9489

Telegraphhill

Please try again.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Thanks.

I can see your device now, but am still struggling to communicate with it. I've therefore arranged for a replacement to be shipped to you. Once it's arrived (hopefully tomorrow, if not after the bank holiday), plug it in and give me a nudge and I'll try again for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jbs
Dabbler

How can I find out what it is I am uploading?

The temp fix worked for about an hour.

New router just plugged in and already had a problem with connection.

I believe I am being pretty patient. I have not had a proper service since I began with Plusnet. The service has continued to deteriorate. I am ok with putting up with waiting for a few days but weeks or months is pushing my patience a bit too far. Especially when there is not even a clue as to when the issue is to be fixed. My husband would normally work from home one or two days a week. He cannot do so without a stable connection. 

Please note I have done all that Plusnet has asked of me to solve the issue. I have had to stay in twice so far for an Openreach engineer, who have found no fault with the line - twice. I have been advised that this is a software issue with the router. If that is the case, then the new router will encounter the same software issues. Why then was I asked to plug in a new one? I am confused and frustrated for sure. But I do want to do what I can to help fix it from my end i.e  the upload amounts I am using are triggering the drop in connection. Yet, even when I am not using my computer last night, I noticed that the connection failed! I am not a technical person. I would like advice on what on earth is taking up the upload capacity!

Line just failed again. 

I have asked to be allowed to cancel the contract due to Plusnet not providing me with a service that was promised. Perhaps you can advise?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jbs wrote:

The temp fix worked for about an hour.

I didn't apply any fix to your account, due to the issues described in my previous post. Finding out what you're uploading kind of depends on what devices you have connected to the router.

New router just plugged in and already had a problem with connection.

I've just applied the fix to the new router so you should be good to go now. Whilst it doesn't detract from the problem, those engineer visits will have cost us a lot of money. Sorry you've had such a difficult time trying to get things fixed:(

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jbs
Dabbler

Hi 

Thank you for the fix. Crossed fingers all goes well.

I believe I may have misunderstood the message (see below) sent to me via Help Assistant:

Summary-Customers issue in regards to upoload causing dcn, advised that i will add this to the pid and there will be a temporary fixed pushed through every two to three days until a permanent fix is found

[Email notification sent to: ]

4:17pm, Thursday 27 Apr 2017
Dear Mrs sherman,

Thank you for your patience and my apologies for the time this is taking.

We are seeing reports where high upstream traffic is causing some of our hubs to drop the connection, this traffic is when data is been uploaded onto/upto the cloud/internat. Typical services include OneDrive, Dropbox,Google Drive and iCloud. The only solution we currently have is for upstream traffic to be limited via the application so that it doesn't have complete access to the upstream. Once we have identified the issue if needed a firmware update should get pushed to your hub.

Should there be any other problems or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

I read this as it had been pushed through. Hopefully your intervention today will fix the issue.
thank you for your time.
Jennie
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@jbs, you should remove your email address from that last post.  Also you can't post agent names in here, so you should probably remove those as well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jbs
Dabbler

Whoops!

thanks!

Edited the post.  Smiley

Jennie

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jbs, it's looking good so far! Let me know how you get on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Cazaline71
Hooked

Hi @jbs

I have exactly the same problem. Had the line drop outs for 5 months before they were fixed, was neglected by plus net customer support and then after hours and hours of my life gone waiting for plus net and being lied to, I get told I'm only getting less than half of what I pay refunded. They didn't refund me the line rental and wouldn't pay me compensation. To be honest, all of this is a complete breach of the consumer rights act and I am pretty sure I am eligible for a full refund, something plus net don't care about at all.
carltr

im having the same problem was told to post here by customer service my user name is ([Removed])

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

jbs
Dabbler

Hi

The fix seems to be working incredibly well so far!

Thank you for your help.

Jennie

jbs
Dabbler

The good news is there is a temporary fix while Plusnet work on a final solution.

I believe there is a list of people that need this fix on their line and they are going through it as quickly as they are able.

If you have the same issue you need to ask for the temporary fix. 

It was frustrating not knowing that there was a temp fix all along and a big relief that the fix has worked. Smiley

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@carltr wrote:

im having the same problem was told to post here by customer service my user name is ([Removed])

@carltr, I've applied a config change to your router that should have helped. Let me know if you're still experiencing difficulties.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

carltr

ok thank you i will monitor it over the next couple of days 

Tainshy-Stryder

Hi Bob,

Would you be able to push this update to my router? Since Thursday I've had frequent disconnects and very low upload speeds from my router which could be coincidental, but the evening before I backed up the contents of my phone so it was a fairly substantial upload. I've raised a ticket it for this issue but then I've stumbled across this thread so just wondering if this could prevent an engineer visit:

• Make/model of router :   PlusNet Hub One
  • Firmware/software version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.226
  • What product/speed you have: PlusNet Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Devices being used to upload - 2 x Windows 10 Laptops, PS4, 2 x Android Phones (1 of these did the large backup)
  • What it is you're uploading/what service you're using: Google Drive
  • When the problem first started: Disconnects quite randomly and rare up until last thursday when it became much more frequent. Upload speeds <1.5Mbps since then also when previously were at least 10Mbps, Download speeds are unaffected