cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

jmg
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

I can't believe this bug-ridden piece of [-Censored-] BT hub still hasn't been fixed.

I'm on the lookout for a decent hub such as an  Asus DSL-AC68U.

slimgym
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Problem went away with mine when it was upgraded which I think adds a QoS ruleset. All is fine now. The hub is pretty good for a freebee, be nice if it had guest network, traffic stats, SNMP, but you can't have everything for nothing.

Toft
Hooked

Hi,

Over the last month, I've seen several random PPP drops, occurring rarely and at random but enough that they have disconnected game sessions. They are always of this form:

PPPoE is down after 3272 minutes uptime [Disconnected]

PPP LCP Send Termination Request [Peer not responding]

The disconnections last for about 90 seconds and then the PPP link comes back up.

I saw the thread and am wondering whether it applies. I have what I think is the latest router firmware:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated Unknown

We used to get unreliability during rainy weather so line problems are not impossible. Still, is it possible to have a quick look at the account and see if there is any obvious cause for these disconnects. If the router's settings need to be adjusted to prefer stability to superfluous speed then of course this is what I'd like. As I am playing online games, the upload speed remains important.

I can send any further information you might require if you PM me.

We renewed the contract and got a new router in the last month or so but did not change the actual broadband package.

Thanks!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@bluewhale wrote:

@bobpullen

What's important, is that your line eventually stabilises if the Hub One is left in place - even if that means a target SNR of 6db rather than 3db, and a lower sync rate.

but that's the point my line does NOT stabilise, if i use the hub one then i get instability on a perm basis, the DLM does not put it back to 6db and changing the stability profile had no effect either

it's like you are in denial and are back to trying to blame conditions on my line which do not exist as the openreach modem has proven

i wonder how many people are suffering without realising this, it was an issue for us because of the youview box

i would have thought someone should be trying to find out what is going on rather than just ignoring me...

@bluewhale, I think we might have a fix for this now. Fancy trying an updated firmware build for me?

@Toft, sorry I don't think this thread is relevant as you're already on the latest firmware build.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bluewhale
Rising Star

@bobpullen yes if you like, what do i need to do other than switch the router back to using the telephone connection? how long will it take etc

Toft
Hooked

@bobpullen

Should I start a new thread, or do you have the ability to look at these disconnects from your end? They are persisting, approximately daily, but not at any given time. Thanks.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Toft, yep, or get a fault ticket opened at http://faults.plus.net

@bluewhale, will drop you a PM...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Toft
Hooked

I just tried now and at the last stage, got:

"Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

There's been a problem

Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help."

I'll try again another day.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Toft, 

I can see you did report a fault, we're just awaiting your response to that at the moment. 

Here's a direct link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=174926191

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Bob,

I am getting almost daily disconnects (PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]) using the Plusnet router that I never get using the Plusnet router in conjunction with an Openreach modem.

I understand there is a configuration change required in the router to resolve this?

How do I go about getting this configuration change?

Regards

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for getting in touch @jafreer

Tagging @bobpullen for his visibility.

Best wishes,

Dave

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jafreer, what firmware version are you running?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Firmware version as follows...

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 11/08/17

Thanks,

jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Bob,

Any update on this? Did you receive the firmware version I am running?

This disconnect happened again this morning. It is something peculiar to the Hub One as if I use an Openreach modem instead of the Hub One's built in modem (but still use the HUB one as a wifi router via the WAN port), then I rarely disconnect and can stay connected for months at a time.

Would be grateful to know your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@jafreer

It doesn't sound like the upload issue discussed in this thread. "[User request]" is a fairly generic reason that could indicate the VDSL2 link disconnected. Do your logs indicate the VDSL2 link is disconnecting?