cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

jamesmcmahon88

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@bobpullen if you could look at mine that would be great, it's impossible to work from home with the constant disconnections (I need to upload), something I never had with my previous provider.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@ralframone@CrustyManMeat & @danbeddows, you're already running on the latest firmware.

@john78, can you confirm that the last three digits of your router's serial number are '996'? If so, would you mind factory resetting the device by inserting something into the pinhole at the back and depressing the button until the router light goes green?

@lbrou@Speccy & @jamesmcmahon88, likewise, are you able to factory reset your devices and let me know once this has been done?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

lbrou

Hi @bobpullen
Thanks for responding, I've factory reset the router as requested.
jamesmcmahon88

Hi @bobpullen I've also factory resetted my router
CrustyManMeat
Hooked

@bobpullen The latest firmware has made no difference. I am still getting constant disconnects. I have never had any of these problems with any other provider and the laptop runs perfectly when connected to my parents or friends internet (Sky and EE). So the problem is clearly Plusnets end. I am not getting the service I am paying for.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@CrustyManMeat, if that's the case, your problem isn't related to the issue being discussed here. Worth following Chris's previous advice, or opening a fault ticket.

@lbrou & @jamesmcmahon88, both of your devices have been upgraded.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bluewhale
Rising Star

so now that i've finally fixed my vdsl connection by going back to the openreach modem

i had a 'PPPoE PADT received' reset on the hub one

do we know if the firmware fix in the hub one which i have is in the vdsl layer?

otherwise looks like there might be another edge case, we were just about to stream onto the youview box when it went

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's at the VDSL layer.

The presence of a PPPoE PADT received event isn't necessarily indicative of problem. There are instances where it's to be expected.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

slimgym
Dabbler

Hi @bobpullen; moved to PlusNet within the last 10 days and have just seen this issue trying to sync uploads to OneDrive. Has been totally problem free during downlink saturation, just uplink seems to cause this.

Thankfully just PPP disconnects not the whole circuit. Google found this thread. The Hub One has Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 Last updated Unknown. I don't know if I need new firmware pushed or just a QoS rule update to rectify.

Would you be able to oblige? Router serial number last 3 is 617.

Many thanks, Dave.

tiit_helimut

Hi @bobpullen. As a new customer (5 days), I'm having the same issue, except the whole connection drops out and I believe it's to do with uploads (as I keep OneDrive and Dropbox running in the background and regularly work on remote files through ftp clients).

OpenReach say line is fine and fitted a new master socket yesterday but problem persists and is arguably worse. Dropouts every 30 mins at best and 5 mins at worst...!

In answer to your questions:

• Make/model of router: PlusNet Hub One
  • Firmware/software version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2
  • What product/speed you have: 80/20 (well, 78/20 but I think that's the same thing)
  • Gateway you're connected to: Am I on the "new" network? I get the following message using your Gateway link:

Sorry, the tool failed to identify your gateway; this does not mean that anything is wrong with your connection.

Posting the following information as a reply to the Gateway Checker Issues topic in the Community forums will help us to diagnose the problem.

• core4-hu0-2-0-6.faraday.ukcore.bt.net (62.6.201.198) 5.305 ms
    • core2-hu0-19-0-0.southbank.ukcore.bt.net (195.99.127.53) 7.003 ms
  • Device being used to upload from: Windows 10 machine
  • What it is you're uploading/what service you're using: OneDrive, Dropbox and ftp clients (Filezilla etc...)
  • When the problem first started: as soon as I first plugged in my new router after line had been activated (Tuesday 5th Dec) - I'm a new customer (in a new house so have no previous comparison for speeds/dropouts)
  • If you have access to a different router, whether or not the problem affects that too, or if it's just specific to the Hub One: I have no access to another router without buying one - my old one is locked to Sky (Sky Hub SR102).

Oh and router serial number has last three digits 160, if that helps.

Would it be possible to take a look? Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon @slimgym.

Thank you!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Your router has the latest firmware release so will not have the upload problem, I also believe it only affected users on the 40/2 unlimited fibre service, not fibre extra  (80/20) so I fear you will have to look elsewhere for the reason for the dropouts. Probably a line issue despite what openreach say, I've had the usual master socket replacement fix which did nothing to sort out my noisy phone line. It's no longer an issue as I now have stable FTTC on a short D-side connection.

pp

Just wanted to advise that I had the issue when I first moved to Plusnet on the 80/20 service but it was resolved by Bob and the team.
bluewhale
Rising Star

@RealAleMadrid there is at least one known and unfixed issue with daily connection dropouts with the hub one on 80/20 profiles. to fix this i've had to go back to using the openreach modem

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@slimgym wrote:

Hi @bobpullen; moved to PlusNet within the last 10 days and have just seen this issue trying to sync uploads to OneDrive. Has been totally problem free during downlink saturation, just uplink seems to cause this.

Thankfully just PPP disconnects not the whole circuit. Google found this thread. The Hub One has Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 Last updated Unknown. I don't know if I need new firmware pushed or just a QoS rule update to rectify.

Would you be able to oblige? Router serial number last 3 is 617.

Sorry to hear you're having problems Dave. Unfortunately, I'm struggling to send the necessary commands to your device. Any chance you can try a factory reset for me?

@tiit_helimut, as others have alluded to, you're already on the latest firmware revision, so your problems are likely to be related to something else.

@bluewhale wrote:

@RealAleMadrid there is at least one known and unfixed issue with daily connection dropouts with the hub one on 80/20 profiles...

Really? If that's the case, it's not known to me Huh Can you point me in the direction of where the issue has been acknowledged?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bluewhale
Rising Star

@bobpullen no i can't point to that as you/plusnet have not acked the issue with people on 80/20 3db profiles, gonna get worse IMHO as openreach rollout the 3db profile, or maybe all 3 of my routers are hardware duff in someway

however when i sue the openreach modem i get flat snrm readings and no dropouts ( currently > 2 weeks ), when i use hh5a/hub one then i get daily disconnects and snrm readings that bounce all over the place

this is an example of the hub one snrm

RSHub-NoiseMargin-20171110-163226.jpg

this is an exmaple of the openreach ( hacked firmware )

openreachsnrm20171213.png

i did pm for your thoughts on this, quite annoying as i am being forced to use a dodgy openreach modem i've borrowed