cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

jamesmcmahon88

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@bobpullen I also have this same issue since moving to PlusNet and it is affecting my work. Can you please send my router the latest firmware to resolve the issue.

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated Unknown

john78
Hooked

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Well, after 2 months I still get daily deconnexions, and it systematically breaks on higher upload traffic. Not what I would call a high quality of broadband service... Let's hope it gets better soon,

ralframone
Hooked

Hello @bobpullen I have the drop out problem 

3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 Last updated Unknown

What details do you need from me to get a firmware upgrade?

Thank you

CrustyManMeat
Hooked

I have been having these problems since JULY and its getting worse by the week. My laptop and Xbox keep dropping connection and now its interfering with my website. This is ridiculous.  

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Checking your line, you don't seem to be impacted by the issues discussed in this thread as the number of disconnections on your line is very low. If your devices are dropping the internal wifi signal, this is not the same as being discussed and I'd advise opening your own thread regarding this for support.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ralframone
Hooked

My firmware updated yesterday evening and so far have stayed connected. Yay!

jamesmcmahon88

@ralframone did you do anything for it to appear? I haven't got it yet.
danbeddows

Hi Chris

I'm having frequent disconnects too. I've only had 5-6 over the past week, but have had this happen for a few months.

Is there any chance you take a look?

Cheers,

Dan

bluewhale
Rising Star

@danbeddows out of interest are people using the hub one modem or using it connected to the openreach modem

and what snr value are you on?

danbeddows

I’m using the hub one modem. I only use it the modem and have a Time Capsule to handle wireless.

SNR values:
SNR Margin Down=3.0dB, Up=7.4dB
bluewhale
Rising Star

@danbeddows do you have access to an openreach modem, i'm now using one of them flashed to unlock it's gui etc, finding it more stable. would be interested if you find the same. 

danbeddows

@bluewhale unfortunately I don't have access to another modem, this is the only one I have.

@bobpullen is there any chance you could take a look? ^

Thanks!

Dan

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Sorry for the lack of replies folks, been a bit hectic of late! I'll try my best to take a look tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

danbeddows

No worries @bobpullen. If you get a minute that would be great - the line has just been dropped twice in 10 minutes.

danbeddows

And again just now...