cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@Katelewis, that's just been done for you. Your router will have rebooted prior to updating. Apologies for the hassle.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

semitone440
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Since encountering the upload problem back in January, I've been running with a TP-Link router, and so missed out on the interim configuration fix. Now that a firmware update is available, I've placed the Hub One back online. Please would someone apply the firmware update to it as I'm currently back in the position of being unable to upload large files.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@semitone440, a configuration update was pushed to your router on Friday that should have resolved the upload issue. I've now applied the full firmware update, however you shouldn't have experienced any issues over the last few days?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

semitone440
Dabbler

Thanks Bob. I've been holding off on uploading until I knew it was safe to do so, so in all probability the configuration update did resolve the problem, just that I was unaware of it. The router has now rebooted with the new firmware so I'm confident that all is now well. Many thanks for all your help.

Gail
Dabbler

I lost connection again last night - the drop outs seem to be getting less, but still getting them none the less

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Gail, appreciate the feedback, but as mentioned previously, I no longer believe your issue has anything to do with your router or uploading.
You're best to report any problems you're having to our support team, if you haven't already, so they can test your line etc.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

sharon468
Dabbler

Hello,

Could someone send the fix to my router please?

Had it two times in the past 4 hours, really annoying as the only think I was doing was playing League of Legends.

Close to buying a new router to be honest.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you were not doing a large upload it is very unlikely to be this issue!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

hi @bobpullen will my Hub One update to this new firmware? I haven't recieved an update for my router since 28/01/16 with software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1 . Would you be able to push the update to my router?

im also seeing alot of this in the event log "CWMP: Server URL: https://ceased.tr69.p; Connecting as user: ACS username" and "CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host" could that be related to lack of updates since begining of last year?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@jordanc1230 wrote:

im also seeing alot of this in the event log "CWMP: Server URL: https://ceased.tr69.p; Connecting as user: ACS username" and "CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host"

That error message usually indicates that your router is not associated with your Plusnet account and therefore cannot connect to the TR069 server which is used (among many other things) to deliver the software updates.

Are you using the Router supplied directly by Plusnet?  If you are you could try calling technical support who should be able to help in updating the records.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yep been using the router as supplied by plusnet since begining of 2016 when I first got fibre
andrewharley

I have no idea what the hell is going on with my router ... if you can even call it that ... the past 2 faults ive had to diagnose myself.
Current fault is whenever minecraft on ps3 is being played the router drops out and reboots! Get this tho!... took the ps3 off the network and set it up to my mobile phones wifi hotspot (o2) ... after a half hours minecraft the router which isnt even connected reboots!! I'm completely stumped as you can only have one wifi connection at a time on the ps3! ... not like a phone hopping about depending where you are ... this is the same sypmtoms as when my chromecast audio bust the router earlier this year, another fault i diagnosed myself ... known fault all over forums but plusnet staff completely in the dark!! ... you couldnt make it up tbh!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jordanc1230 wrote:

hi @bobpullen will my Hub One update to this new firmware? I haven't recieved an update for my router since 28/01/16 with software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1 . Would you be able to push the update to my router?

No it won't. You're two firmware revisions behind. As others have alluded to, for some reason your device no longer has an entry in our remote management platform. If you don't mind factory resetting it (hold something in the pinhole at the back fro ten seconds or so), then it might help. You'll lose any customisation you might have made though to things like the wi-fi password/port forwarding etc.

@andrewharley, I've pushed a firmware update to your router (it will have rebooted whilst installing), however the symptoms of your problem don't sound like the issue being discussed in this thread so you may be looking at a different cause.

@sharon468, I don't seem to be able to communicate with your router at the moment. Is it plugged in/connected etc?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

andrewharley

Yes all plugged in and connected ... again minecraft was being played thru the hotspot and it dies for some reason ... going out now so will be traffic free till tomo afternoon
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@andrewharley, I could see your router and pushed an update to it. It's @sharon468's I couldn't.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team