cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@Gandalf & @Gail, I've pushed the update to Gail's router regardless, so we can at least rule it out if the problems persist.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gail
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Please do, cos I'm going to explode if I carry on having the problems I have - it's ruining our Netflix viewing in the evening

Gail
Dabbler

If you applied a fix it certainly didn't work - had to reboot my router yesterday evening because the television wouldn't connect, then this morning, whilst just browsing on my computer, it disconnected again - why????Huh

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

if you aren't maxing out th uploading then you don't have the same problem and it may be  dodgy router

custard777
Hooked

I've bought my own TP-Link router now and have had no problems with disconnections yet.

Should have got one ages ago really because the signal upstairs was always patchy and the parental controls are much better. Smiley

krefson
Hooked

Hi.  It's pretty clear that I also have the "connection dropped on uploads" issue. The router is a Hub One with the same firmware version

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated Unknown

The disconnects occur frequently (every few minutes or so) when Dropbox is attempting to upload a batch of files to the cloud.  This symptoms are completely reproducible and the disconnects occur only when Dropbox is actively trying to upload a substantial quantity of data. For example this happened 5 minutes after I restarted Dropbox after leaving it off for 24 hours

11:37:07, 09 Jul.	(3106532.430000) PPPoE is down after 1470 minutes uptime [Disconnected]
11:37:04, 09 Jul.	(3106529.630000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]

I would like to try the configuration fix if possible please.

Keith Refson

Phillip
Dabbler

Can you do the same to me?

I froze all iCloud uploads because of the line dropping out every few minutes.

Support said that it was a known problem and that they would eventually fix it via a software update.

i know it's the upload because the line dropping stopped immediately after freezing the iCloud photo uploads.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Phillip & @krefson, I've just pushed the firmware update to both of your devices.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Phillip
Dabbler

Wow. Thanks.
I'll check when I get home later.
krefson
Hooked

I see the update, and since then a 300MB dropbox upload has completed successfully without any router events.

This looks like the firmware update has resolved the problem.

Thank you.

K.

Gail
Dabbler

I haven't noticed a disconnection for a couple of days either - so fingers crossed!!!!!

Gail
Dabbler

which model did you get cos there's quite a few online?

heddybell

I joined Plusnet in early June and have continual problems with my Internet dropping.  I am uploading and have reduced this as much as I can.  Plusnet promised me an update to my Router a few weeks ago - but nothing has been done yet.  Today Plusnet advised me to contact the Forum to push this along - so here I am!  probably in the wrong place!  Please help?  Thank you.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Threads merged.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gail
Dabbler

I had my update last Thursday - still dropped connection on Friday, so rebooted the modem, and (fingers crossed) all been good since