cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

csjkeir
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Thanks @bobpullen.  It would be very odd if its just a coincidence that the date the upgrade happened is when this kicked in again, albeit less frequent...

Appreciate any help you can give!

Cheers.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@csjkeir, just checked and things are exactly as they were after I applied the changes back in March. Incidentally, I'm only seeing a single PPP  disconnection in the last ~10 days at this side:

Session Started	        Session Ended	        Session Duration
20:19 09/May/2017	N/A	                14:0:35 (on going)
22:37 28/Apr/2017	20:18 09/May/2017	10 Days, 21:40:33

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

csjkeir
Dabbler

Thanks @bobpullen. So just a coincidence then that it started to drop out since the upgrade to 80/20?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Certainly seems like something else is amiss. As mentioned in my last post, we've only seen your line drop once in almost a fortnight.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

csjkeir
Dabbler

@bobpullen, It has dropped 9 times since the upgrade to 80/20 in early April, and not at all since your work you did earlier in the year up to that point.  If I go though to Plusnet support they will inevitably try to go through the same process as last time before your fix (which was 4 engineer visits which, now we know, was for nothing - they all declared our line fault free also).  If there is anything that might possibly be causing this related to this thread I would be really grateful if you could look into it.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I might be missing something but I wouldn't consider a single drop during the last fortnight or so to be worthy of investigation Huh

I'd suggest keeping an eye on it and if it deteriorates again, then  raise a fault ticket for investigation. The issue being discussed in this thread is pretty unusual. In over a decade of tenure with Plusnet, I'm struggling to think of any other time an intermittent connectivity issue (where the PPP connection drops) has been due to something at our side rather than an issue in the Openreach/Wholesale network.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

dmdunn88

Hello everyone,

Sorry to hijack the thread. I've arrived here after much frustration.. I cannot complete any uploads over the size of 50mb without the router dropping the internet connection completely. It's rather frustrating when trying to deal with my office's VPN. Downloads and everything else seem fine.. it's just uploads.

I'm on fibre with the new Hub.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Dan.

Tags (4)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I am sorry but i cannot believe after 7 months this thread is still here Knuppel

Surely Plusnet should have sorted this by now

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@dmdunn88, as per my PM, you should be sorted now. Let me know if you continue to experience problems.

@rongtw, at the risk of repeating myself, I'll just link to some of my earlier replies in this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-fibre-broadband-does-not-cope-with-uploads-and...

In summary, we have fixed the issue with a new firmware revision, however we need to go through the requisite motions (primarily testing) before we're able to push the image to the wider customer base (we're approaching the end of this testing cycle now). In the interim, we have applied the temp config fix to well in excess of 100,000 devices, and we'll continue to fix any individual cases that are reported to us too.

Sorry it continues to inconvenience some of you, however we are heading in the right direction.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

csjkeir
Dabbler

@bobpullen, I have had more PPP LCP SEND TERMINATION REQUEST drops today. This is the same message I was getting before.

You say that a few drops a not an issue, but it is still happening.

Plusnet support have simply said it is a wireless fault and nothing to do with this previous issue, but then again their radius charts didn't match up with my router log showing the disconnections.

Please can you advise?
marksandler
Dabbler

Hi @bobpullen

I've been reading through your notes with interest and the issues we're experiencing with uploads.  After speaking with a PN agent, they advised me to visit this forum where a firmware upgrade could be applied to my Hub One. How would I go about receiving this please?

Thanks

Mark

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@csjkeir wrote:
@bobpullen, I have had more PPP LCP SEND TERMINATION REQUEST drops today. This is the same message I was getting before.

I think it's the "PPPoE PADT received" part of the log message that identifies the problem as the upload issue in this thread. It'll say "User Request" for other types of drop including when the underlying DSL connection has dropped.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@csjkeir wrote:

@ejs wrote:
I think it's the "PPPoE PADT received" part of the log message that identifies the problem...

Yes, it is. The PPP disconnections caused by this problem are initiated by a PADT packet that's sent by the remote server. The 'send termination request' errors could be a number of things, commonly a PPP drop caused by a loss of sync.

Plusnet support have simply said it is a wireless fault and nothing to do with this previous issue, but then again their radius charts didn't match up with my router log showing the disconnections.

This is what I'm seeing:

Session Started	        Session Ended	        Session Duration
14:23 16/May/2017	N/A	                21:23:15 (on going)
10:45 16/May/2017	14:20 16/May/2017	3:34:33
09:47 16/May/2017	10:45 16/May/2017	0:57:34
19:26 10/May/2017	09:47 16/May/2017	5 Days, 14:21:1
20:19 09/May/2017	19:25 10/May/2017	23:5:50

With the exception of the drops yesterday, not something Openreach would typically consider to be a fault. Regardless, it's no longer related to the problem being discussed in this topic so probably worth you starting a separate thread.

@marksandler, I've pushed a config update to your device that should have done the trick.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

marksandler
Dabbler

@bobpullen Thanks for your help.  I don't quite understand all of the information above, but hopefully, the new config file will alleviate further drop outs when I come to upload files.  I guess I should re-boot the router for the changes to become affective?   

colski3d

Please can you help me too, @bobpullen? I have the exact same issues. Can't upload big files 4.7.5.1.83.8.226, 40/2, psb-ir01. I've been trying to upload for days.

Thank you