cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@wbf, I've pushed a configuration update to your router. You'll need to avoid factory resetting it as that will cause the changes to be lost.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

calveri

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Hi @bobpullen

I thought yesterday that maybe the issue was fixed, but I've disconnected 3 times tonight, and the logs show it dropping every couple of hours today

• Make/model of router :   PlusNet Hub One
  • Firmware/software version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 
  • What product/speed you have: PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
  • Devices being used to upload (devices connected, not all uploading) : 1x macbook, 1x Console, 1x iPhone, 1 android and an ipad
  • What it is you're uploading/what service you're using: icloud, dropbox
  • When the problem first started: since connecting - I assumed it was the router but hadn't got round to replacing it yet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@calveri, the interim fix was pushed to your device back on the 18th March. Your connection is dropping during times when there is very little activity on your line which makes me suspect it's not related to the issue being discussed in this thread:

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you open a fault ticket by completing the troubleshooter here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

guruthree

I think I've just hit the same issue. When files were uploading to OneDrive browsing was slow (which I guess I'd expect) up until the point where the connection completely died, and came back again a few seconds later. Rinse and repeat, dying about every 5-10 minutes until the uploads were done. No connection death when the uploads were paused. Every reset matches this log entry:

PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]

Can I also get the configuration fix to the router? Sounds like that fixes it.

Telegraphhill
Dabbler

Same problem over here. FTP uploads are getting slower and line disconnects. If you do not make uploads line is stable. 

21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.520000) PPPoE is up -​ Down Rate=8367Kbps, Up Rate=1169Kbps; SNR Margin Down=3.6dB, Up=6.0dB
21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.510000) CHAP authentication successful
21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.440000) CHAP Receive Challenge
21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.440000) Starting CHAP authentication with peer
21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.440000) PPP LCP Receive Configuration ACK
21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.430000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.430000) PPP LCP Receive Configuration Reject
21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.420000) PPP LCP Send Configuration ACK
21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.420000) PPP LCP Receive Configuration Request
21:10:54, 21 Apr. (30186.420000) PPP LCP Send Configuration Request
21:10:20, 21 Apr. (30152.230000) PPPoE is down after 3 minutes uptime [Disconnected]
21:10:18, 21 Apr. (30150.050000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [PPPoE PADT received]

Plusnet is a big dissapointment for me, not just only because of this issue. 

Cheers,

Oliver

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@guruthree, done.

@Telegraphhill, I'm struggling to find a router on our management platform that's connected using your PPP credentials. Does your router serial end '489'? If so, try factory resetting it using the pinhole at the back of the unit. Once it's come back up, I might have a bit more luck.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Manfredman

Hi .

I am also having problems with my fibre as it keeps dropping out . I was forwarded this link to request new firmware. Am I in the right place and can anybody help please. 

thanks

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Manfredman, was done earlier this afternoon (support must have passed the request on after you contacted them). It's not quite a firmware update mind you, more a configuration change. You'll need to avoid factory resetting your router as it will cause the changes to be lost. A 'proper' firmware update is in the pipeline that will be persistent.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

landors

Hi,

I am having the same disconnection issue when uploading files using my HubOne router. Can you make the config change for me too?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@landors, done Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Manfredman

Thanks it is definitely working better. Thanks for the prompt service!
jbs
Dabbler

Evidently a large number of customers are experiencing this issue. I among them. Its a software issue on the router. It is not our fault! I've been told it is triggered by uploads - but to be hones, I don't upload large folders, I just use it normally - facebook, emails etc. it can happen at any time of the day - peak or off peak. The most infuriating thing being is that they say they are working on it as a high priority. There is no 'work to' date. No idea when this fault will be resolved. I have made an official complaint now. I was with Sky - I truly regret moving as I did not have this crazy issue. (Now having to wait for the connection to come back before I can post this! Grr). I have been told that I will be refunded my monthly fee while this fault continues. I am not able to leave the contract however because they 'are still working on resolving the issue'. How long would be a reasonable time I wonder, to fix it, before I can leave?

ghos7
Grafter

why isn't everyone having this fix? im on 80/20 but experiencing same problems with the plusnet router.can you update mine plz.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jbs wrote:

I've been told it is triggered by uploads - but to be hones, I don't upload large folders, I just use it normally - facebook, emails etc. it can happen at any time of the day - peak or off peak.

Whether knowingly or not, you are uploading a fair amount during certain hours of the day. There are times where you're fully saturating the upload for entire hours at a time.

The most infuriating thing being is that they say they are working on it as a high priority. There is no 'work to' date.

Whilst I recognise it's frustrating, there has been plenty of work if you care to read back through some of my posts in this thread. We have deployed an interim fix to a substantial volume of units, and we've been working hard behind the scenes on a new software update that we'll be looking to deploy later in the Spring/Summer.

No idea when this fault will be resolved.

Your router is no longer on our remote management platform so I can't do anything from here at the moment. You've a couple of options:

1. Factory reset the device that's currently connected to your line using the pinhole at the back of the unit and let me know once you've done this. I should then be in a position to help you.

2. Wait for the replacement router to turn up, plug that in and give me a nudge. Again, I should then be able to push a config update.

@ghos7 wrote:

can you update mine plz.

Assuming I'm looking at the correct account, that's been done for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

ghos7
Grafter

@bobpullen wrote:

@jbs wrote:

I've been told it is triggered by uploads - but to be hones, I don't upload large folders, I just use it normally - facebook, emails etc. it can happen at any time of the day - peak or off peak.

Whether knowingly or not, you are uploading a fair amount during certain hours of the day. There are times where you're fully saturating the upload for entire hours at a time.

The most infuriating thing being is that they say they are working on it as a high priority. There is no 'work to' date.

Whilst I recognise it's frustrating, there has been plenty of work if you care to read back through some of my posts in this thread. We have deployed an interim fix to a substantial volume of units, and we've been working hard behind the scenes on a new software update that we'll be looking to deploy later in the Spring/Summer.

No idea when this fault will be resolved.

Your router is no longer on our remote management platform so I can't do anything from here at the moment. You've a couple of options:

1. Factory reset the device that's currently connected to your line using the pinhole at the back of the unit and let me know once you've done this. I should then be in a position to help you.

2. Wait for the replacement router to turn up, plug that in and give me a nudge. Again, I should then be able to push a config update.

@ghos7 wrote:

can you update mine plz.

Assuming I'm looking at the correct account, that's been done for you.

thank you.