cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

nhlchenr1
Hooked

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Yup, just got in and checked.  What does that mean?

xfx295

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

I have the same issue and it's been happening for the last couple of weeks. It's driving me crazy. Please help.

Information requested below 

• Make/model of router :   PlusNet Hub One
    • Firmware/software version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.226
    • What product/speed you have: PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
    • Devices being used to upload (devices connected, not all uploading) : 1x Windows PC, 2x Consoles, 1x Synology NAS (main uploading device), 2 iphones and an ipad
    • What it is you're uploading/what service you're using: icloud, google drive, and filesharing.
    • When the problem first started: don't know for sure, it's been happening for at least two months

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@nhlchenr1, apologies for the delayed response. I've made a config change to your router that should hopefully have helped.

@xfx295, you too, let me know if you're still encountering difficulties.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

gls82

I'm also having this problem. The disconnections happen fairly regularly during heavy usage of the upload/download streams, and last for around 30 seconds or so.

I'm on the 40/2 package.

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated Unknown

Can the admin here please update my router so I can see if this resolves the issue? Thanks.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gls82 wrote:

Can the admin here please update my router so I can see if this resolves the issue? Thanks.

Done.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jamestapp
Dabbler

Hi,

First post so apologies for any newbie errors.

I've had problems with my hub one dropping connection, but not as bad as some people mention here. Probably on average once a week.

It is not a major inconvenience but it seems sensible to check the upgrade status of my router.

I notice some people post a lot of detail in their help requests and others do not - can you identify the information you require about my router from my community/linked account details? Or do I need to gather some versions/serial numbers at home?

Regards,

James

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It was applied back on the 17th James.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jamestapp
Dabbler

Hi Bob,

ok - thanks for the quick reply.

I'll try to see if it makes any difference - I was not aware I was uploading anything but there are lots of devices connecting at home.

I suppose the odd drop out is 'normal' I think your support said it would need to be up to 3 times a day before they would consider action.

Anyway thanks for the info,

James

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah, it's admittedly frustrating and you could argue that a drop every few days isn't 'normal'. The challenge is: getting our suppliers to agree with that viewpoint. It's rarely worth the investment in repeat engineers to investigate such issues if I'm honest.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Paulmt123

I have similar issues. When my laptop backups to onedrive no other devices can get a decent internet connection mlaptop included. My download rate drops to only 1MBS. As soon as I stop onedrive upload the speed goes back up to 35MBS and all devices run really fast but if my laptop is uploading nothing can be downloaded. Even my sky disconnects from catch up. And I'm not using the stock router. I'm using a TP link VDSL modem. Happens regardless of whether i select 5GHZ or 2.4GHZ broadband and with plusnet stock router also. 

Paulmt123

The TP link router won't disconnect but I can't download whilst I'm backing up photos to google photos or onedrive. As soon as these are finished downloads resume as normal. 

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Paulmt123 have you tried limiting Onedrive's bandwidth? I'm pretty sure the default is unlimited.

onedrivebandwidth.PNG

wbf

@bobpullen I have been having the same problem. Would appreciate you rolling out the fix to my router as well. Thanks. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@wbf, message me your account username and I'll sort it tomorrow.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

wbf

[Removed]

Thanks very much. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.