cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@bobpullen is it possible to flash with the earlier firmware and, if so, can you provide a link

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Unlikely to help because the TR-069 platform will revert to the newer firmware when it next gets the opportunity anyway.

Those running older firmware are probably no longer provisioned on the platform for one reason or another.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mrsilv

Hello.

I've been having upload and intermitted disconnection problems since Sept, and a customer service advisor has advised that I need to post on here to receive an update? 

Is that right?

Silv

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@pentopg wrote:

Are you able to tell from logs against my account...

Things have been fairly steady since the 17th:

@mrsilv, the update was sent to your router over the weekend and your connection has been uninterrupted for over four days now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

mrsilv

Oh great, thank you.

Will test with some uploads...

Silv

James2593

Hi Bob,

Another one with an unstable connection. Sometimes it will drop 10 times a day, sometimes 2 and the odd day i've gone uninterrupted. Some drops can last tens of seconds, others 10/20 mins. My NAS reported a 48 min single drop in connection today, I was at work so usage would have been near zero, all devices connected would be idling. 

I'm not uploading high volumes when the dropout occurs, sometimes it can be light usage, sometimes web browsing, it's completely random. 

Issues started on Sunday 12/03/17.

Reading the thread I believe a patch needs to be applied, what info do you need from me?

Router info is: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated Unknown

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll have a look tomorrow but it sounds like you might have a genuine line fault.

Edit: @James2593, I've now pushed the config change to your router so if your problems continue it's likely to be due to something else.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jmg
Dabbler

Hi all,

Another user with a miserable experience.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/PPP-LCP-Send-Termination-Request-PPPoE-PADT-received/m-p/142...

Disconnected today at: 1:29, 1:34, 1:38, 1:42, 1:57, 2:02, 4:49, 5:53, 6:58, 8:02, 9:07, 9:40, and 10:11.

Over the course of the previous 29 pages of discussion has there been determined:

• the reason why this happens, or
  • a solution to this problem.

Thanks,

John.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@jmg

If you were affected by the issue in this thread I'd have expected to see much more frequent disconnections than that, normally every few seconds rather than 5 minutes.

This sounds more like a fault and I'd advise getting this reported to us at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jmg
Dabbler

Full update on my thread, but it seems like I have a bad extension in the house so I've unplugged everything from it.

Even so, apparently the One Hub (AKA BT Hub 4) is the sort of bug-ridden rubbish typical of BT hubs, and there is a software update which fixes this but which is yet to be rolled out.

I have the option to report a fault, but it comes with the threat of a £70 charge.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jmg, the Hub One is a re-badged variant of the BT Home Hub 5A, not the 4.

Regardless, assuming I'm looking at the correct router (serial ending ...595), I have just pushed a config update that will resolve any issues you might be experiencing as a result of the problem being discussed in this thread.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jmg
Dabbler

serial ending ...595

That's it. Thanks.

nhlchenr1
Hooked

Just found this thread.  My plusnet one router hangs with flashing orange light many times a day.  Often happens when downloading or uploading, but not always.  Haven't pinned down the pattern.

Anyway, what's the fix?!

jmg
Dabbler

Go to your router in your web browser. The address is http://192.168.1.254. Click Troubleshooting and then go to the Event Log. Is there anything that seems to correspond to when you experience problems? It may help to set the filter to WAN.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@nhlchenr1, I don't suppose the last three digits of your router's serial number are ...899?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team