cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

You appear to have some other problem as the upload fault only applies to firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 and 40/2 FTTC product.

IvanLeonard

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

I'm having issues with my upload in heavy use causing DTM, any chance of configuring the firmwear to help this. Any help is much appreciated. Thankyou.

Tags (1)
shaunpaice

Hi

I am having similar issues uploading files into OneDrive.  I contacted support and they suggested posting on this forum to get a firmware update.  Hope that will fix the problem

Gorbzilla

Hi,

I'm having issues with uploads on Plusnet as well, after a few minutes the internet disconnects - customer support told me to get in touch on this board to get my firmware flashed.

How can I go about doing this asap as it will affect my work this week onwards as I need to upload big datasets to a server.

Thanks.

pentopg
Hooked

+1

Can I get my router updated

Anneyc
Dabbler

Hi Bob,

the internet connection has definitely been more stable, with only maybe 2 dropouts since you applied the fix. Our wifi however has not been good, it was always iffy but seems to be much worse. A windows 10 computer in the same room as the router refuses to connect this morning. Over the last week I have tried changing the wifi interface type to 300; tried disabling smart channel and using selected channels (1,6 and 11) but no better, so I have reverted back to the defaults. Apple devices only work on 5Ghz (which I have put onto a separate SSID). I am going to buy a new router today in the hope that it will define whether it is the PlusNet router at fault rather than an internal set-up issue.

Cazaline71
Hooked

I am also experiencing something like this. What I find is that it's bandwidth allocating settings seem pretty bad now, when two laptops are connected and both playing the same game, one tends to freeze, jitter and lag loads compared to the other which plays absolutely fine.

I'm not sure why this is but hopefully it can be fixed because the game is unplayable!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@tfstorm wrote:

Software: 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1

The problem under discussion affects a feature that is already disabled on firmware version 217.1.1, so it won't be affecting you.

@Anneyc, sorry to hear that. The settings I've changed have nothing to do with wi-fi connectivity, certainly not to the degree where it would stop you establishing a connection! I agree, the timing's suspect, but I'm inclined to put it down to coincidence.

@Cazaline71, it's possible you'll see a slight deterioration in traffic prioritisation, however no worse than how the router will have performed before the most recent firmware update late last summer. The next firmware update (looking like May) should see prioritisation working as it did before I started tinkering.

Anyway, latest is that we've now pushed the temporary workaround to well over 100,000 units, mainly those belonging to customers provisioned on our 40/2 service. A few will have slipped through the cracks, due to things like not being online over the weekend or not having an entry in our router management database.

@IvanLeonard@Gorbzilla and @pentopg, yours were included in the ~100k+ mentioned above so have already been done. @shaunpaice, yours hadn't been done for one reason or another, so I've just pushed the config update to your router manually.

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

You appear to have some other problem as the upload fault only applies to firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 and 40/2 FTTC product.

We have seen it happen on other provisioned products, however they're much less susceptible due to the increased upload capacity available.

We're going to see how the above changes go before making a call on whether or not we push out to other product variants, or wait for the next firmware iteration to be pushed out later this spring/early summer.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gorbzilla

Thanks for this Bob, looks like its working now! 10 minutes uploading an no disconnect yet...

pentopg
Hooked

Many many thanks, great stuff and cheers, got to wait for the devices using cloud services to hook back up but i have much faith in the fix.

Only observation I would make for some lessons learnt would be some better internal comms for the first line team, I could have done without the use the test socket for three days, BT/Openreach engineer will have come out then which will be a week and check your WiFi strength routine ^_^
pentopg
Hooked

Ive given my router a bounce, as think the same thing happened at 21:10, but to confirm the router is still reporting at the bottom of the admin screens as being on "4.7.5.1.83.8.226" ?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I don't think there is a new build number with the current fix being applied, certainly no-one has mentioned one yet.

pentopg
Hooked

Cheers, a mate of mine had the fix couple months back, so waiting for him to confirm his firmware level as never know. Either way be good to know ^_^ since he had fix applied problem gone.

Nice sig btw
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

The firmware version will not increment as part of the update we've pushed out. Also of note, is the fact that we've only targeted devices belonging to 40/2 provisioned customers that are running the 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 build.

Earlier firmware revisions are not susceptible.

Note that a factory reset will erase the config update, and it will need re-applying. Similar can be said for newly provisioned customers who we'll look to batch up/process between now and when we've a 'proper' firmware fix in place later in the Spring.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pentopg
Hooked

Are you able to tell from logs against my account if I was getting the problem last night post fix ?  If not can I check against my router logs for a certain error code ?