cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

purplebadger
Hooked

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@WWPlus The other thing I saw mentioned on a pfSense forum somewhere was that some gateways don't like a payload of zero for the gateway monitoring. If you go to the gateway monitoring page and select advanced, you can set a payload size of 1 which seemed to have helped some people. I've got it set, but since disabling gateway monitoring seems to have resolved my issue I'm not sure that's what did it. Worth a try though. Sorry disabling the monitoring didn't help.

Did you see pfSense 2.3.3 is now released? I've upgraded (painlessly through the UI, which was nice) and re-enabled gateway monitoring. So far no dropouts, but then I haven't been maxing out the connection either. I guess I'll find out overnight when my scheduled downloads are supposed to happen.

iMook

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

I've just spoken to the support team (couldn't be more helpful) about a specific issue with my Windows 10 computer running a backup app which is causing a load of data going out - this causes the router to drop the connection, because somewhere in central Plusland, it doesn't get a response from the router.  This is my non-technical interpretation of what's happening!

The support expert I spoke to said to come on to this thread and said that there's a bug fix available for my router which is not yet being fully rolled out, but that it would be possible to apply it to my router.

Please could whoever at Plusnet monitors this thread get in touch with me and let me know when the fix can be applied.

Thanks Smiley

howiemartinez1

hi there, I'm after a bug fix too please. 

Seems to be linked to uploading/synching to my cloud drive.

Any help would be appreciated - it's taken me 30 mins to get this msg posted as my connection keeps dropping out.

I'm loathed to stop the synching, but happy to if it means I get my connection back - although a bug fix would be preferential.

Thanks in advance.

H.  

jonkirk

Hi Bob

Would appreciate if you could push the fix out to mine too. I'm having the same issue as described with the "PPP LCP Send Termination Request" when uploading. Plusnet have sent me a new router out but I'm getting the same issue with that one too

Would appreciate your help

Thanks

adamjackman

@bobpullen please can you 'jump' onto my router and apply the temporary fix? thanks 

steadmantom

Hi @bobpullen

I am having dropped connection issues and have been directed to this thread via the support team.

Question #143629491

• Make/model of router Plusnet Hub One
  • Firmware/software version (for Hub Ones you can get this by looking at the footer of the router admin pages4.7.5.1.83.8.226
  • What product/speed you have, e.g. Unlimited Fibre 40/2, Unlimited Fibre Extra 80/20 etc. Unlimited Fibre 40/2
  • Gateway you're connected to Tool is not working so I do not know what gateway I am connected to
  • Device being used to upload from e.g. Android Smartphone, Windows 10 machine, Macbook OSX etc.MacBook Air macOS Sierra
  • What it is you're uploading/what service you're using e.g. iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive iCloud
  • When the problem first started January
  • If you have access to a different router, whether or not the problem affects that too, or if it's just specific to the Hub One I have another Hub One which I have been using but the same issue occurs

Any fix and assistance you can provide will be most appreciated.

Best wishes,

steadmantom

WWPlus
Dabbler

@purplebadger I've adjusted the payload up to one and have switched monitoring back on as that clearly wasn't my issue. So between the MTU and the payload, hopefully it'll fix the issue - which is only very occasionally that I max the connection.

Yes, saw that 2.3.3 has been released and upgraded almost immediately - as per your experience, seamless. My setup is fairly vanilla, nothing non standard. So the upgrade procedures are always painless. I used to use SMTP management with Postfix Forwarder. They managed to screw that up in the later 2.2.x releases which was a shame as it worked like a charm when I first started using it. But that was the only thing that ever caused upgrade issues and doesn't appear to be an available package now.

adamyaffe

Hi @bobpullen

You fixed my router a couple of weeks ago which was awesome. But the last two days, the problem has returned. What do I do...?

My username is [Removed] 

Thank you.
Adam.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

thosechilvers

Well I appear to have joined the group of suffers with this problem and have been encouraged by support to post here in the hope of some technical wizard (Bob Pullen - Plusnet Products Team?) applying a fix to my router.

Not sure what information to provide but here goes:

Hub One router, All Apple household, use iCloud and dropbox, both cause drop outs. I'd switch apps off i could identify culprit but tried turning off Dropbox and iPhoto sync and still driving me nuts.

Bob - your help could make an old man happy again! Cheers in anticipation 

LOL - just dropped out as i tried to post this. Love the irony!!!!!

Didserella
Dabbler

Hi,

I too have been steered towards the mythical @bobpullen!

I have been having this problem probably since I started to use Google Drive a few months ago.

I have tried limiting the upload rate in Drive, but that means that it takes forever for files to sync- I'm talking days when I add a photoshoot. I think today was the first day for a week or two when sync actually completed.

Please let me know what information you need to fix the router.

Many thanks,

Dids

JohnPatrick

Me too! Having patiently investigated, spent 100 minutes with an open reach engineer today, taken my iMac 20 miles to try on my son's internet connection (no problem), have now been told that it is a known fault. But the catch is there is no known cure and no prospect of an imminent solution.  All very apologetic

Oh dear.

Does turning off the cloud help?

Please, someone out there burn some midnight oil!

JimJimini

According to an update I got from Plusnet Customer Relations, "In regards to the issues with upload speed, the Firmware update is due to be released in May. However, efforts are being made to bring the date forward."

@bobpullen looks like you are going to be busy for a while longer - I hope you get a bonus for all your brilliant work Smiley

OllyA

@bobpullen I spoke to soon thought the problem had resolved with your update you pushed to router but this morning it has returned and internet disconnects agian very 5-10min.

Only thing I have changed is moved the router so not sure if unplugging it has wiped your update, would you be able to look into this agin?

thanks

teamben

Hi

Thanks for the patch to my router. All seems to be working fine since the update on Tuesday.
patstew

Hi @bobpullen, I seem to be having the issue described in this thread, could you apply the fix to my router please?