cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

pjhitchins
Hooked

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@bobpullen Currently the device with serial number *293 is plugged in. The second router I have ends *373, this one acts like a switch.

rbgwynne

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

Thanks @bobpullen.  I'll try some more uploads to test this.  Out of curiosity, what is the fix you have applied?  It looks like my upload bandwidth may have dropped a bit to 1.75Mb/s

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@pjhitchins, I don't see a router associated with your account that ends with that serial number. I see *373 but I can't communicate with that because of your network config. Perhaps swap the two devices around if possible, or if that's too much hassle private message me the full serial of the unit that's acting as the modem.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

rbgwynne

Oh, and is anyone else concerned that there seems to be only one "superhero" at PlusNet capable of investigating and looking to resolve this problem? 

I've been managing IT Infrastructure and Operations for 20 years and in that time have determined that only 10% of IT support analysts are excellent to exceptional. Welcome to the 10% club @bobpullen

toweliechaos
Dabbler

Thanks Bob.

No idea what is doing the uploading then! The connection appears now to be stable again. 

Bengalboy

Just discovered this thread. I don't suppose i can jump on the bandwagon of getting some kind of intermediate fix at all Mr.Bobpullen Smiley

What would i need to do? Smiley

carlpickles

Hello @bobpullen

I've been having the same issues as everyone else on this thread.  So as requested:

• PlusNet Hub One
  • Firmware/software version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.226
  • Product: Unlimited Fibre 40/2
  • Gateway you're connected to: Gateway tool isn't working, but my connection is 31.185.62.32
  • Device being used to upload from: Windows 10 laptop
  • Uploading to Soundcloud
  • Problem first started a month or so ago.

If you could see your way to applying that fix, I would be most grateful.

mridings90

@bobpullen

Thank you for the changes its fixed it Smiley

andydp
Dabbler

It would appear I'm also experiencing this problem with uploads. My package is Fibre unlimited, up to 40MB.

Please can someone advise on the fix?

Thanks.

adamyaffe

Hi @bobpullen, thank you for applying the update to my router.  I believe I had one drop out through the night, which is a big improvement.  I was curious to see the chart that support have previously sent me showing drop outs to see if there more that I didn't see happening.  Can you check?  I've attached one of my previous ones for you to see.  Should I have rebooted my router after your update?  Thank you.

gnuGeek
Hooked

Hello, 

I'm new here, and after recently upgrading my router also getting dropouts caused by CrashPlan, a backup service, uploading to the net.

sorry for thread jumping but I couldn't see any other way of joining in.

what can I do or give you to help this get fixed sooner Smiley 

PKblue
Hooked

@PKblue wrote:

@bobpullen wrote:

Right, I think we might be getting somewhere.

@bobminors@aj4m2a@raycrowe@yasminflower@PKblue & @csjkeir - I've just made some config changes to your devices. Can you let me know if it's helped?

I'm about to leave the office so won't be around much over the next day or two, but will pick up when I'm back in the office next week.

Since you applied the update to my router I have not had any problems so far. Let's hope it stays that way. Many thanks.

PK

Since this post I now use some Android devices at home and the broadband dropout is occurring sometimes again, so hopefully you can apply another patch/fix.

thanks

PK

mcjizja
Dabbler

Please add me to the list for a fix.

- Router: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226

- Gateway: 172.16.13.13

- Package: Fibre Unlimited 40/2

- Traffic generating device1: Various. Windows 7 laptop, ios devices.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@rbgwynne wrote:

Oh, and is anyone else concerned that there seems to be only one "superhero" at PlusNet capable of investigating and looking to resolve this problem?

Fair few of us working behind the scenes, including various vendors/third parties

@adamyaffe wrote:

I was curious to see the chart that support have previously sent me showing drop outs to see if there more that I didn't see happening.  Can you check?

Sure, here you go:

@Bengalboy, @carlpickles, @gnuGeek & @andydp, I've applied the changes to all of your devices Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

andydp
Dabbler

Many thanks @bobpullen !!

Just out of interest, what caused the problem?