cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@racey & @gerryburne, I've pushed the same changes to your devices, so feel free to give things another go.

@Tillerman, struggling to locate your account so drop me a private message containing your account username and I'll pick it up when I'm back in the office next week.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

geffers
Grafter

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband does not cope with uploads and will disconnect you...

@bobpullen wrote:

Right, I think we might be getting somewhere.

@bobminors@aj4m2a@raycrowe@yasminflower@PKblue & @csjkeir - I've just made some config changes to your devices. Can you let me know if it's helped?

I'm about to leave the office so won't be around much over the next day or two, but will pick up when I'm back in the office next week.

Bob,

I have plusnet broadband, on my recommendation my daughter switched to plusnet fibre but is having major problems with uploads; numerous disconnects. She has the HH5 which is identical to the BT model.

Is this fix a modem firmware update and is it automatic?

Geffers

mageorge

Hello Bob and everyone else.

I am on the 40/2 service, with seemingly the same issue for over a month, basically upload related, but then impacting all browsing/youtube. Started when refreshing my Onedrive, and has only been partially fixed by disabling all wifi on my Hub One router. Reported to cust services when it started but was advised not a line issue.

My account username is also mageorge, and would be very grateful for any configuration fix. 

If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Michael

racey
Dabbler

Thanks. I'll see how it goes.

bertles86

@bobpullen if you could do the same for our router, that would be wonderful.  We've been living with this upload bug for a number of months have raised tickets about it with without a resolution.

Or if easier, could you let me know the changes you made to the router config, and I can do it myself.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@bertles86@mageorge & @Tillerman, changes also pushed to your routers. Let me know how you get on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

yasminflower

Hi,

It did get better for a few days and thought I would have another go at uploading a video I made on youtube. This video is made using iMovie and is about 94Mb, I had reduced it to lowest quality. Unfortunately this has messed up the internet connection again and we are back to cutting out every 5 mins for the last few days. I tried turning off the hub overnight but no difference. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@yasminflower, I think I might have been looking at the wrong device before. Try again now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

mrosebury
Hooked

I am also on the 40/2 service and the fault is definitely triggered by uploads. I have a fault case open with plusnet support (note to plusnet marketing it is a fault not a 'question'). Support have called to say that they are aware of this issue, they have had lots of calls from customers about this and that they believe it is a fault with the supplied router.  They also have provided the supporting information to show disconnects and upload/download traffic. I am connected via a wired port and have seen hundreds (yes hundreds) of disconnects over the last week. The disconnects stopped when my uploads (also Microsoft OneDrive) stopped. I am waiting for an update from plusnet support.

yasminflower

Sorry still not working....still cutting off all the time.

raycrowe
Hooked

Bob,

Happy to report that today was the first time since I upgraded to Unlimited Fibre that I have been able to upload files to both my Vimeo and Youtube accounts without the connection dropping out.

Your magic seems to have worked Bob and I thank you for your assistance.

I would like to suggest that as a gesture of goodwill on Plusnet's behalf, that all customers who have experienced these upload problems are upgraded to "Unlimited Fibre Extra" free of charge for the remaining time frame of their contract.

This issue has been an inconvenience to myself in both the hours I have spent trying to sort this problem online and having the problem of visiting friends/family to use their broadband connection to upload files to my Vimeo/Youtube/Dropbox accounts for the sake of my newly formed business.

I eagerly await a positive response from Plusnet Customer Service.

csjkeir
Dabbler

@bobpullen, plusnet support have called to offer me a firmware update to my router. Do I want to do this, or will this interfere with the work you have done?

regards,

Chris

racey
Dabbler

Good suggestion raycrowe

Smiley

AjayMurudkar

Ho @bobpullen,

Can you please update my Router as well, I am stuck with Upload problem from past 2-3 months

Thanks,

Tillerman
Dabbler

@raycrowe Great suggestion - made the same to PN Cust Servs some time back - but sadly it falls on deaf ears....