Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre below minimum guaranteed

iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet fibre below minimum guaranteed

Baldrick1 talk talk and sky often use there own equipment in the exchange so not always cause its on bt infrastructure is there only option ....years ago when i was with sky and talktalk i had completely different syncs to that of bt at the time ....but not stating that you will be any better off now its always a chance you have to take

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

That will have been.on an ADSL service. This is a VDSL connection problem.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

iangilf
Rising Star

yeah i know its a fibre connection and i know about the old adsl2+ LLU  but i thought they did for fibre aswell but just googled it and it states they use the bt system so im wrong sorry

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@iangilf  FTTC stands for Fibre To The Cabinet - fibre sync speeds are to the cabinet, not to the exchange.

Whilst LLU suppliers have equipment in some exchanges, it is only ADSL that would have different sync speeds to a customers premise.

iangilf
Rising Star

yeah i was just editing my post

sorry for the confusion

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see we're not able to provide you with the speeds we've promised.

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to say we're forcing you to leave. Unfortunately due to the length of your line it doesn't seem possible to provide you with the speeds you signed up to and as this is below your minimum guaranteed speed, we're obligated to allow to leave your contract term penalty free if you choose to.

This would be one of the worst situations for us as we've provided a service we can't fully deliver in terms of speeds. With both you and us now knowing how your service performs, we'd still love to keep you as a customer though.

If you have any further queries or concerns please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
John0863
Hooked

Firstly thanks for your response
Plusnet have sent an email titled request to transfer your service.
I did not ask for this nor want to move away from plusnet.
I have asked the question on my account with no answer as yet.
I am hoping this can be resolved either on this forum or on my account questions

Regards

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @John0863 

If you have not requested a chance of service provider then its possible this is due to something called "slamming" which is where somebody else / a different ISP has place a take over for your line due to information mishap between them and their customer. 

I would advise following the steps on the ticket where it states to give us a call as soon as you can on 0800 432 0200 should you not have requested this to happen. 

Thanks, 

MoR