cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre below minimum guaranteed

John0863
Hooked

Plusnet fibre below minimum guaranteed

Has anyone been encouraged to leave plusnet because they cannot supply minimum guaranteed speed i think i am
22 REPLIES 22
iangilf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet fibre below minimum guaranteed

they will help u get it increased by going threw the trouble shooting then if thats all been done there next step would be sending an engineer out

John0863
Hooked

Had all that done plusnet acknowledged they cant supply minimum fibre speed and have sent email to me requesting transfer to a new supplier even though they are in breach of contract
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Welcome to the forum.

Previous post deleted in light of you latest post which came in whilst I was replying. It appears that you are here just to sound off, not seek help.

Plusnet can only supply the service provided by Openreach. If Openreach cannot supply that service then Plusnet will release you from the contract without charge. What else do you expect then to do and why does this make them in breach of contract?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

John0863
Hooked

Plusnet want me to leave as the problem cant be sorted by them or openreach.
Paid for 36mb guarantee is 34 reality is 25 ish connected directly i have been with plusnet 1 month they have sent me a request to transfer to new supplier which i have not asked for
iangilf
Rising Star

hi john have u had any engineers out to investigate this?

John0863
Hooked

Yes openreach
iangilf
Rising Star

ok m8 well did they actually do anything that is the question ive had a few out now and they didnt do anything so maybe u need to ask them when there actually there is for a lift and shift if this hasnt been done before the reason why im saying this is old ports get defective old cards get defective inside the cabinets or they get over subscribed so then they add new ones inside the cab which they can transfer you over to maybe this hasnt been done as of yet so possibly ask for it to be done if u want to stay with plusnet

John0863
Hooked

I have sent a request to plusnet to seek help on why
iangilf
Rising Star

ok m8 well im sure one of the techs will pick it up when there back in the forums.....good luck

John0863
Hooked

Apparently line is connected directly to exchange and is limited to 30 ish because of length of cable
Baldrick1

Obviously you have not shared with us the actual email from Plusnet asking you to leave.

My interpretation from the information that you have shared with us is that you were promised a minimum guaranteed speed based on an Openreach estimate that Openreach found that they cannot provide. From your posts I assume that you informed Plusnet that they are in breach of contract as the minimum guaranteed speed cannot be met, to which Plusnet have released you from the contract in accordance with their terms and conditions.

Moderator and Customer

John0863
Hooked

Dont want to leave plusnet just want speed i pay for
iangilf
Rising Star

can u post your router stats please

Baldrick1

@John0863 

The service that you are paying for is up to 40Mbps so you are getting what you are paying for in that respect. The other contractual obligation that Plusnet have is to release you from the contract if the minimum guaranteed speed cannot be provided within a month of Plusnet being made aware that there is a speed problem. This they have done.

You have not released the full story of what efforts have been made by Openreach to increase your speed. My guess is that you have run out of patience and told Plusnet that they are in breach of contract so they have responded by offering to release you.

Plusnet have no control and little influence over Openreach. The only options are to try to get Plusnet to persuade Openreach to have another go at resolving this issue, which will be hassle for you as well as Plusnet or to leave. If you move to another ISP that uses the BT infrastructure then you are likely to have exactly the same issue, cable, if available, is your other option.

Making a fuss about breach of contract will achieve nothing.

Moderator and Customer