cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre : With Netgear router - New job VPN security doesn't like GRE tunneling ?

Johnstnz

Plusnet fibre : With Netgear router - New job VPN security doesn't like GRE tunneling ?

Hi, 
Whilst my previous company had no issues with Plusnet fibre + Netgear Nighthawk Router, I have just changed jobs, and thei new co's security controls have blocked the internet (but not strangely some features such as Outlook) due they think to GRE tunnelling.

When I phoned up Plusnet support I was told this needed deeper support than they could give, and to ask on a Forum - although the feeling was that I would need to access Router, and "enable Port Forwarding".

Is this likely to be the complete solution, or is there other stuff I should try ?
For now my company has put me in a temporary access group allowing the GRE tunneling (which means I can work) but I am told the emphasis is on the temporary, and I need to work out how to get around this WIFI end.

I should add that I am not a hardware sort of guy, so actually accessing router instructions and tweaking fills me with a degree of dread.

All/any advice gratefully received.