cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet error on broadband setup

thelodger

Plusnet error on broadband setup

I am very disappointed to receive an email from plusnet today to say that they have in error set my broadband up on fibre extra ( 66 mbs download speed ) whereas I'm paying for 36 mps. 

My actual download speed is 24 mps so you can imagine that any downgrading of my service is not going to go down well. Am I the only person to receive this email ?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Plusnet error on broadband setup

@thelodger,

You're not the only person to have received this email, a small number of customer have been provisioned on the wrong service. 

Currently you're on the 40/10 account (the average 36Mbps product), and you will continue to pay the same price as part of your contract.

The error here is in a back end system we have incorrectly placed you on a product which could provide you speeds of up to 80/20 (if you're line can handle it). As your line cannot you will notice no difference at all, there will be no 'downgrading' of your service, and aside from a single drop or two at about 1-2am one morning will have no disruption to your connection.

thelodger

OK thanks for the reassurance.  I do think there was no real justification for Plusnet to have sent the email in the first place as the change is irrelevant to me and is just a backoffice change for plusnet. Why upset a customer when you don't have to ?  If you felt an email was necessary it should have been better worded eg don't make the subject line " Important information about your account "  when it wasn't and isn't !!!

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@thelodger,

It has to be worded this way because technically it is important information.

In your situation your line isn't able to handle speeds of 80Mbps, but if it was it would be detrimental to you as a customer because your speeds would then be capped at 40Mbps and you would see a dip down because of this. In these kind of situations it's better to then be open and honest and notify everyone that could be affected (and it's only a small number of customers), than to pick and choose and potentially cause and in turn not notify someone that could have a detrimental effect.