cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet dropped me from fibre to ADSL without telling me

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Plusnet dropped me from fibre to ADSL without telling me

Went to bed last night and my connection was synced at around 37mb. Got up today and Plusnet has put my connection down to 4mb which is of no use to me. Currently there is still a billing issue since December so I have yet to have a payment taken. If this is why you have dropped my connection to ADSL then that is not fair. It's not my fault you haven't taken a payment. I put in my direct debit details at sign up. I am not happy and if this issue is no resolved soon I will be leaving PLUSNET and going elsewhere for my FIBRE broadband. I cannot use 4mb download speed in 2019, I am a gamer and 4MB is no good to me. Please either put me back on FIBRE straight away or I will be forced to leave plusnet.

15 REPLIES 15
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Plusnet dropped me from fibre to ADSL without telling me

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Already have, they have failed to tell me why my connection is now on this beyond slow 4MB. Definitely going to have to leave Plusnet. 4MB is unacceptable

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Paul, 

Really sorry to see this, there are some complex aspects affecting what's happened here so I'm going to confer with a colleague just so I can arrange the best possible solution and I will get back to you with a full response as soon as I can today. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paulwillis1980
Grafter

It's all fine and dandy saying that but I am still on a 4MB connection, I cannot and will not stay on 4MB. It is unusable, I had faster speeds in 2007. As for the billing issue, that is your end not mine. You had my direct debit details and my debit card details, I have contacted you several times about the issue and each time was promised it would be resolved. 8 months so far and counting. I am not under contract so I can leave when I want, unless this is fixed asap I will have to go elsewhere. I need a FIBRE connecting, ADSL in 2019 is simply not gunna happen. Sorry for the rant but Plusnet needs to fix this issue

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Paul,

I just want to understand the issue fully first. You are right that it isn't acceptable and I will get it fixed for you. 

I'm chatting to someone about it now and will update you shortly. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paulwillis1980
Grafter

Someone from twitter has replied and I am expected to create a new account before getting fibre again. We have already attempted to do this before as you can probably see from the previous notes to no avail. I am sick and tired of this continuously happening. To not be told that my service was being downgraded is a disgraceful thing to do, no other company would do this. You have my contact details and someone could have called me before hand. I don't know what to do and I am getting anxious because of all this.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, in all honesty that does look like the best solution and Harry is already on the case getting this resolved as he picked up on your Tweet whilst I was investigating this.

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Why not just carry out your threat and go elsewhere?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Why not keep your nose out of someone elses business.

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Nothing but trouble getting any real 'help' from customer service. We tried to create a new account months ago to no avail. In the mean time I am stuck with stoneage broadband that is of no use to anybody. No one has bothered to call me either despite having my mobile number. Not happy

Baldrick1

@paulwillis1980 wrote:

Why not keep your nose out of someone elses business.

Can I suggest that if you don’t want comments from the public relating to your private problems that you don’t  publicise them on a public forum.

Moderator and Customer

paulwillis1980
Grafter

Or you know you could keep your nose out of other peoples business. What was the point in your sarcastic comment ? Did it accomplish anything ? Nope, so be quiet.

Baldrick1

I don’t want or intend to upset anyone. In post one you threatened to leave. I simply suggested that you followed through with this threat as it would solve your problem of having setting up a new account with Plusnet. I apologise that it caused offence.

Moderator and Customer

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@paulwillis1980 

Can you confirm that you are actually on the ADSL service as opposed to VDSL, because to change one service to another requires a change in the wiring, ie to put a line on/off the DSLAM.

If you could post your router statistics that would assist in determining the problem.

As you have provided payment details  and entered into a contract, if PN didn't take the available funds I really cannot  understand why they would arrange to re-configure the service.

Perhaps there is another issue here, and the speed has dropped due to a fault of other external event?

Please note that people on the board try to assist others, some of us have many years experience with telecommunications.