cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet customer services a shambles. Still need help with Internet connection dropping.

Annoyed2016
Hooked

Plusnet customer services a shambles. Still need help with Internet connection dropping.

I waited over 30 minutes to report my problem to an online chat agent. For months our internet connection has been dropping out intermittently, Internet connection light goes red & the other 3 lights remain green on the router -- broadband, wireless & power. Sometimes the connection returns by itself, some restarting the router manually or online works -- sometimes nothing works & the connection returns, usually within an hour.

i wasted my time explaining all this to the online chat agent, who said that I needed to raise a fault by following the link to 'plus.net/fault' -- this pages just returns a message 'page does not exist' message.

i then spent over an hour going round in circles on the plusnet site, trying to find a way to report the fault but the only options available were to 'chat online' (by waiting another 30 mins or more with no guarantee of help) or spend an undefinable long length of time on the phone waiting for an adviser.

plusnet customer services = complete waste of time & utterly frustrating!!

i would also like to query the hardware we have for our apparent fibre broadband that we have been paying for for years (news to me) as when we signed up originally fibre optic was not available in our area & I received no information concerning upgrading our equipment when it became available. Our download speeds via various tests show 5mb at best. So I'd like to know what we're paying for? Of course there's a link in the 'my account' services page to upgrade hardware but guess what? You need to have an on,one chat or call to raise this option! Absolutely infuriating !

I've been with plusnet since it first started when u really could speak to someone knowledgeable, quickly & easily. Since it was sold, it's been [-Censored-].

if anyone out there can provide some help, I'd be grateful. In the meantime, I'll see what other options there re switching to a faster, reliable service with a faster customer service response time.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules

11 REPLIES 11
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Plusnet customer services a shambles. Still need help with Internet connection dropping.

The link to log a fault is https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Plusnet customer services a shambles. Still need help with Internet connection dropping.

You can find out which product you are paying for at https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary (login required)

Other useful links are

The Plusnet Line Speed (maximum download speed) at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed (login required)

BTW IP Profile which does a speed test and shows the speed range for your BT line, only enter your phone number and then click "Run Diagnostics test" http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do

Which hardware do you have ?  Which one of these shown at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/  is it?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
themonk68
Hooked

I was told to do something ive already done...

You are now chatting with [CSA Removed]

[CSA Removed]
 at 21:22, Jul 23:
Good evening, I'm [CSA Removed]. How can I help?

[CSA Removed]
 at 21:24, Jul 23:
Hi I see you've opened a chat with us, is there anything I can help with?

Steve
 at 21:25, Jul 23:

HI there im having issues with the fibre broadband connection. Web pages sometimes hang and refuse to load, wifi will not connect to pages or upload on all devices and pcs. couldnt upload to facebook or send pictures, tried to ping facebook and all of them time out. All gaming is lagging too, Ping to game servers is low but the connection drops or suddenly spikes causing rubber banding. Ive tried rebooting and fully resetting the modem, new cables, different pcs and phones, I ran a cable to text door and with their connection everything works fine. Been like this now for over a week.
Steve

apologies for the long wall of text.
[CSA Removed]
I'm really sorry about that

[CSA Removed]
Is it the same over ethernet?

Steve

Yea, Ive tried 3 different computers and a laptop too.
[CSA Removed]
 at 21:26, Jul 23:
Ok

Steve

I ran a cable to next door who are on Virgin and it had none of the problems.
[CSA Removed]
in that case I would advise raising a fault

[CSA Removed]
To raise a fault, pleaseclick here

Steve
 at 21:27, Jul 23:

Im pretty sure ive done that already, i was on the phone over 3 days tyurning the modem off overnight so tests could be done and was told there is no problem.
[CSA Removed]
 at 21:32, Jul 23:
I'm really sorry about that

[CSA Removed]
Ok

[CSA Removed]
run the link to the end and it will raise this with the faults team to look into for you

Steve
 at 21:33, Jul 23:

Will do.
[CSA Removed]
 at 21:34, Jul 23:
Is there anything else I can help you with?

Steve
 at 21:35, Jul 23:

No thats it thanks
[CSA Removed]
 at 21:35, Jul 23:
It's been great chatting to you today. I really appreciate your time and would love to hear any feedback that you might have. Please close the chat to answer a few questions about the experience you have had with me today.

Don't forget to subscribe to Plusnet Help on YouTube for further help and support.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules

stoswald
Grafter

& now wait 72 hrs for them to come back to you.

Sad

wildthing666
Grafter

I never bother with their chat or anything like that I always go straight to the top http://www.ceoemail.com/ I do it with any service I have a problem with

Annoyed2016
Hooked

I have the 582n router. I know which service I'm charged for, I just don't understand how what I'm getting is what I'm paying for.

I will pursue the link for support you sent through & update on the outcome.

Thanks for your help. 

Annoyed2016
Hooked

When I hit the submit option, I received an error message! Unbelievable.

Annoyed2016
Hooked

Annoyed2016
Hooked

Wildthing666 Thanks for the tip.

Annoyed2016
Hooked

themonk68 looks like we had the same chat agent, although the moderator has now removed her name from your chat log posted here. It's made me question whether there's a suspiciously small number of people providing chat support or it's a bot!

stoswald
Grafter

Whether bot or not even "Chat" can get it wrong, so I have always screen printed any "Chat" I have just in case Accounts or who ever dispute what has been said.  It's a bit like using email in that respect - shame PN don't use email!

I just wonder how long it will be before PN CS is moved to BT's call centre in India.