cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet combined Fibre router modem

Timalay
Grafter

Plusnet combined Fibre router modem

With BT supposedly phasing out the Openreach modem, any news on Plusnet doing a combined router modem for their Fibre packages.
8 REPLIES 8
davidwalker900
Grafter

Re: Plusnet combined Fibre router modem

no atm i all ready asked unless you buy your own router with a Fibre router modem that can handle the speeds plusnet never invest in new routers for a long time too
BT use bt home hub 5 thats Fibre router modem (4 slots does up to 1000 Mbps) better signal wireless network
EE uses Bright Box 2  thats Fibre router modem (1 slot does up to 1000 Mbps 3 slots does up to 100 Mbps) better signal wireless network
    only two net providers do it now
PS  Plusnet runs off cheap routers for low costs £40 it costs plusnet (worst wireless network)
EE and BT routers cost the same around £125 - £175 but (free on sign up)
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Got mine (new HH5) for £30 delivered off the bay!!
awahwah
Grafter

I'm using our HH5 that served us when on BY Infinity,  Works a treat.
Timalay
Grafter

How hard is HH5 to set up?  Does work fine without the OR modem?
davidwalker900
Grafter

it works by signing in admin and copy the one is with the plusnet router with your signed up with password and plug in the dsl cable in to it and press connect its easy to set up without a modem
dragon2611
Grafter

Quote from: davidwalker900
no atm i all ready asked unless you buy your own router with a Fibre router modem that can handle the speeds plusnet never invest in new routers for a long time too
BT use bt home hub 5 thats Fibre router modem (4 slots does up to 1000 Mbps) better signal wireless network
EE uses Bright Box 2  thats Fibre router modem (1 slot does up to 1000 Mbps 3 slots does up to 100 Mbps) better signal wireless network
    only two net providers do it now
PS  Plusnet runs off cheap routers for low costs £40 it costs plusnet (worst wireless network)
EE and BT routers cost the same around £125 - £175 but (free on sign up)

I very much doubt they're paying anything near the prices you quoted there for their routers, particularly in the quantities the likes of BT/EE will be buying them in.
davidwalker900
Grafter

BT and EE quote's i did by the providers sites why stay with a cheap router that plusnet gives and you can get a better one with combined but mostly buy is the bt home hub then the EE one becuse that cost the most
kamalaggi
Dabbler

I'm currently using the Fritzbox 3390 with  built in VDSL2 modem/Wireless Router. It's working very well and the wireless signal is great.