Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet ceased my Fibre!...

kmm1013
Grafter

Plusnet ceased my Fibre!...

Dear oh dear Plusnet! What a shambles!

I have been a Plusnet customer for about 5 years, and I have a house move set up for mid Feb...everything in p,ace to move my Fibre broadband to my new home on the move date in 5 weeks...

However, last night my Fibre internet went down...thinking it was just a bit of Plusnet maintenance, I expected it to be working this morning, but still nothing...

So I phoned technical support, to be greeted with them telling me that for some reason my Fibre has been ceased on my line, as of midnight last night...

It’s a complete mess, as I now have no internet, which is a pain, as the lead-up into my moving house is very “internet heavy”, as you can imagine...and they are now having to do a Fibre re-install, which is going to take 5(+) working days to install/activate...so the earliest I will get Fibre (or any internet) back will be next Friday..

I don’t know what has happened, but someone has messed up somewhere, and my house move is stressful enough, without this added stress into the mix...

Sorry Plusnet, but not good enough...

17 REPLIES 17
harrow
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet ceased my Fibre!...

Another example of

"all the problems of bt with the added bonus of PN confusion"

PN Knuppel

PN, where did it all go wrong ?
kmm1013
Grafter

A support ticket update now says 5-10 working days for my one to be reactivated...That’s 2 weeks in real time!

Plus they have had to issue me with a new telephone number (I have had my current one for 31 years!), so I now have the added hassle of having to inform absolutely everyone of my new number...

they have also also had to cancel the house move, and will setup anew house move once my line has been reactivated in 2 weeks...

And what have they offered me for all of this major hassle...a £2/month reduction on my broadband...er no, that ain’t gonna cut it...Sorry

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

This does sound a bit shambolic @kmm1013  and needs someone like @Gandalf  to step in to help resolve the problem you're having.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kmm1013
Grafter

And to add to my woes, having just spoken with someone in Provisions, it looks like I will also be losing my landline today too...:(

The Provisions team is looking into it all for me, but it doesn’t look good!

harrow
Rising Star

What on earth is wrong with PN ?

They don't seem to be able to organise a bunk up in a brothel !

Knuppel

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Is it possible that the wrong date was somehow recorded for your house move ? 

When you first set this house move in motion did you set it up by phoning the PN team who deal with this ? They suggest you do this 2 to 3 weeks ahead of the move date. 

Did you at any point ask for your current contract to end and a new one started ? 

kmm1013
Grafter

I actually did the house move request over the telephone with Plusnet’s house move department, and the date I gave them, Feb 16, was what was also noted in the support ticket that was raised...

I asked, and was told, that my current contract would simply move over to the new address...no ceasing of contract and restarting of a new one...all very straightforward (on paper)...

But I now have someone pretty high up in Plusnet looking into this for me, so I am hopeful that a resolution will be forthcoming...:)

Thanks...

runhare
Aspiring Pro

Good luck. Let us know how you get on. 

kmm1013
Grafter

Will do...and thanks! Smiley

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

I guess we will never know which organisation it was that picked up the wrong date. It has to be accepted that these things do happen. However this is a perfect opportunity for Plusnet to demonstrate their acclaimed award winning customer service by doing the OP proud sorting out this total shambles. Come on Plusnet, you can do it!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

runhare
Aspiring Pro

Why , when problems of this sort happen, is there not a special department within Plus Net and BT OR with clear communication and procedures  to deal quickly and efficiently with the problem , to bypass the normal beurocratic and dismally slow processes ? 

kmm1013
Grafter

I’m a great believer in rating companies, not so much how well they do on a day to day basis...That’s relatively easy...but on how they handle things when things go wrong...

So, if nothing else, this will be a test to how Plusnet handles adversity...I am holding back judgement until I see how my promise of high level assistance pans out...Fingers crossed that something can be done to resolve this quickly, with a minimal amount of grief...

But why do these things always happen at a weekend, when there is little/no meaningful support available! Sad

harrow
Rising Star

If the internet is important to you then you have to have back up.

When I changed over to PN there was no text or email to say the internet was ready.

I started using my mobile broadband.

In the end I phoned up and ask what the delay was with my business broadband,

the reply was,

yup it's was ready I will switch it on now,

if I did not phone up would I have it now ?

At this point I had no router, reused my bt one.

Knuppel

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@kmm1013 wrote:

I’m a great believer in rating companies, not so much how well they do on a day to day basis...That’s relatively easy...but on how they handle things when things go wrong...

This is especially true with organisations such as Plusnet. As long as the Openreach and BT Wholesale equipment keeps working all Plusnet have to do is collect money from you, which they are very good at! It's when things go wrong and there are problems to sort out and 'suppliers' to chase that you can really assess their performance.

But why do these things always happen at a weekend, when there is little/no meaningful support available! Sad

It's called Sod's Law.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'