Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet cancelled broadband... by mistake

FIXED
allergy
Hooked

Plusnet cancelled broadband... by mistake

Hi, A long story, that I'll try to shorten. On the 7th of January I requested an upgrade in my legacy (Force9) ADSL to move to FTTC. After many mistakes (believe me!) and six weeks I had a limited fibre connection on the legacy account. @7.15Mbps

Today sales decided to change my legacy account to email only, with no new plusnet fibre account setup. This removed all the broadband components from my account.

So 7 weeks in and I have no broadband at all, and no real mobile signal (2G)

Plusnet staffer said they might be able to fix it inside plusnet... If not a new line prov. may be needed, then ADSL upgrade, then fibre upgrade. - Openreach disconnecting and reconnecting the same wires!

It's taken 7 weeks to get this far. I'd be grateful for any help in getting this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry huddled outside on phone!! Smiley

Alistair
3 REPLIES 3
allergy
Hooked

Re: Plusnet cancelled broadband... by mistake

I've reset the Hub One, and now setup@plusdsl is at least connecting to the setup server at plusnet. But obviously no user account data is downloading to the router, because I don't have any!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Alistair, thanks for your post.

I'm really sorry to see the mess we've made of this. I've been spending some time investigating and it looks like the issues are system related to the legacy package you're on. I've tried to fix this but I fear if I try any more I'll make things worse. The good news is that I can get you back up and running today on fibre by creating a new account.

I've added a reply with more detail on your support ticket Here escalating this to myself to take ownership of moving forward. I'm going to give you a call in a moment, let me know if there's a better time I'm here until 9pm. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Cheers for your time on the phone Alistair, it was really good to speak with you and I'm sorry again for the troubles we've caused. As discussed I'm glad to see you up and running at full fibre speed for your new package now, I've added a reply onto your support ticket 198418227 on your old account documenting what we've discussed and I'll follow up tomorrow.

If you need any further assistance or got any further queries, please feel free to let me know. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet