Did you mean: 

Plusnet broadband contract due 5th August that confusing time

FIXED
insussex
Grafter

Plusnet broadband contract due 5th August that confusing time

Hi all

Looking for some advice please.

My Plusnet broadband contract is due for renewal (I think) 5th August.

I have that and home phone unlimited.

Overall pleased but the old and original router is now getting very hard to use and packs up every so often.

I'd also like more upload speed.

Lots of enticing shiney offers around including from Plusnet, so what do i do?

I don't like having my phone and BB agreements renewing on differing dates either.

So confusing Sad

Mike

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet broadband contract due 5th August that confusing time

Hi Mike.

I've just tested your line and I can see you're getting an upload speed of 1.2mbps which is the most you'd be able to get from a standard broadband connection. We should be able to provide you with between 18mbps and 20mbps on fibre though.

Having said that, what speeds do you see at the moment when you go to a speed test website like http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest as we may be able to help you improve on them.

I'd recommend giving our customer options team a call on 0800 013 2632 to discuss renewing your contract on either the same package you're on now or upgrading to fibre. They'll also be happy to send you a new updated router.

If you're wanting your line rental saver and broadband expiry dates to match up like they are currently, I'd recommend renewing your line rental saver Here before the expiry date shown in your account after you log in Here.

Finally it'd be important to do this before calling us to renew your contract as due to the way our system works, you won't be able to take line rental saver out while there's a pending contract change scheduled.

As contract changes are scheduled for a next billing date, I'd recommend contacting us when you're in your final month.

Hope this helps but let us know if I've just confused you even more or you need anything clarifying. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
insussex
Grafter

Hi Gandalf

Many thanks

LOL I remain confused.

Please can you tell me when my phone line rental package expires and when my broadband package expires as I just can't work that bit out.

Ran the test and it shows 16.8 down and only 0.2 up Sad

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the confusion Mike, your line rental saver and broadband packages on the same day that your contract expires. You can view the expiry date from the summary screen once you've logged into your account.

If you just contact us less than 30 days before this date and agree a 12 month contract, but pay your line rental saver first, this should make both your line rental saver and broadband stay sync'd up.

Regarding your upload speed that's really low, are your devices connecting over WiFi or wired to the router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
insussex
Grafter

Thanks, OK think that is 1st September then?

So, I should do my line rental saver a 2 weeks before then call in 1 week out?

Just want to get a reasonable deal and that new router.

Test is done on my wired connection, I went on to try speedtest.net and got 1.0 upload.

Thanks so much for your help

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks, OK think that is 1st September then?

So, I should do my line rental saver a 2 weeks before then call in 1 week out?

Just want to get a reasonable deal and that new router.

Yup sounds good. 

Test is done on my wired connection, I went on to try speedtest.net and got 1.0 upload.

That looks about right. If you need more than that, it may be worth upgrading to fibre.

Let me know how the call goes, we'd be happy to try to arrange a call back if you need to.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
insussex
Grafter

That's great, life is very hard going so if it can be made easier to keep our vital connection going I'd be grateful.

Never really felt our usaged justified fibre, how much more does it cost and what is the installation like?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, we can't make you an offer via the community forums I'm afraid, it's something you'd need to discuss with our customer options team. The installation just consists of an engineer carrying out external work on the line. We'll send you a new router that you'd set up yourself and once the work has completed you'll be on fibre.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
insussex
Grafter

Many thanks, ok understood.

So going with the plan I need to call in a few weeks time.

Thanks so much, you have made things seem far more simple.

Think I'll stay with normal BB for now.

Kind regards

Mike

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix
Cool. No problem Mike. Smiley I’d renew your line rental saver then call after your next billing date but before the 1st September.
Let us know how it goes.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet