cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet breaching contract?

Thadd

Plusnet breaching contract?

I recently switched to plusnet after BT's price increase.

I assumed the switch would be easy, move phone line and keep the same Fibre broadband speed.

I wanted to pay for 18 months of line rental. Plusnet have already took the 18 months plus the broadband charge.

I received texts/emails stating I would not lose any service and the switch would happen 21st. Phone has switched but my broadband is not working and the broadband order tracker says "checking your line".

Does this breach my contract so I can get a full refund and go elsewhere or a refund of the initial broadband charge as they are clearly overcharging for a service I'm not receiving, as the service has not started yet, they have clearly decieved me during there contact with me. Should I contact the ofcom?

I'm going to phone in the morning to complain, any advice would be helpful on my consumer rights.

4 REPLIES 4
Thadd

Re: Plusnet breaching contract?

A quick phone call has resolved the issue.

Even though customer support opens at 7.30am. I had to wait for the activation team to start work at 9am.

There must have been a mistake activating the broadband at the same time as the phone line.

The friendly staff member put me on hold to check the issue and when she came back after 1 minute. I received the text saying my broadband was activated while on the phone and saw the internet turn on right away due to me already having the correct settings added to my Netgear VSDL router.

Obviously a procedural issue within Plusnet.

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

What excellent service by Plusnet then. I hope you gave them full marks for their customer satisfaction survey. If that scenario had occurred with another supplier I wonder how quick it would have taken to rectify. We will never know,  

Thadd

Yes great service by the customer service team, to quote the advert they did me proud.

From other comments in the community forum, they need to look at their backend procedures to iron out the bugs of why this happened in the first place.

For instance the account area says my broadband was ASDL and it was worrying me the reason my broadband was not switched on is because plusnet where downgrading me from Fibre to ADSL even though I wanted the same Fibre I was on with BT.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @Thadd.

Sorry to hear the activation didn't go as smooth as we would have liked on this occasion. I've had a look over your account and it looks like the account had become stuck (Or at least delayed and didn't activate as quickly as usual) following the order completion and just needed manually activating.

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused. I'm glad to hear it was resolved quickly when you called up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet