cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet are the most useless company on earth!

macangus
Hooked

Plusnet are the most useless company on earth!

Hi i am hoping that someone on this forum can help me,i posted a message about an authentication error on my fibre broadband about two weeks ago.

I have since discovered the reason for the error and i'm not sure you are going to believe it,the reason for my problem is that my internet connection has been migrated to another house in my street,yes thats right plusnet and openreach have given away my internet connection to a complete stranger.

I have been told that plusnet are now re-migrating my line to my house but it will take untill the 31st of may to do this,by this time it will have beeen over five weeks without an internet connection.

I have spoken to customer services untill i am blue in the face and they refuse to accept any responsability in this monumental [-Censored-] up.

I am hoping that someone on these forums can help me prove that plusnet have breached my contract so i can get away from this pathetic excuse of a company once and for all.

Cheers

5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 48

Re: Plusnet are the most useless company on earth!

Hi macangus,

I'm really sorry to learn about this issue first of all.

Having looked into this I can state without a doubt that it's not the case that we've provided the connection to the wrong address.

Orders we place for broadband are done so against the phone number, not the address and I can confirm that both the number and the address are correct on the order we've placed to reconnect you.

The reason we made any changes to your connection in the first place was to migrate your service over to a new part of our network. However we did not foresee any issues in reconnecting you whatsoever.

We've decided to take action to reconnect you to the previous network and I'm glad to see steps are in place to push that through now and that we're arranging a good will gesture for the inconvenience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
macangus
Hooked

Hi Adam if what you say I true why have I been disconected and why did your customer service department tell me you have migrated my line to the wrong address are you saying your own customer service department are lying.

I have had no service for over three weeks because of an error on your companies part,I never asked you to do anything to my line three weeks ago and you have caused me so much hassle it is unreal.

You have offered me £50 pounds ad compensation,it had cost over £50 just to top up a broadband dongle and that compensation doesn't include the £41 you have just taken for a service you don't provide.

I am now at the point where I would like for you to see if I can be released from my contract with out penalty as you have totally screwed up an already [-Censored-] service.

If you are reading this and you are a plusnet customer run away from this company as fast as you can as they have no idea what they are doing.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 48

Hi macangus,

No, we haven't lied to you, I am saying that the agent who advised you of that was wrong so I apologise for the misinformation, feedback is being passed on about that.

Apart from the good will gesture we will also refund you for the period of downtime which is something we intend to do as soon as the service has been reconnected.

I'm sorry to hear that you're looking to cancel due to this, that's something you'd need to broach with our customer options team at this stage: http://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
macangus
Hooked

Hi Adam you still haven't told me what you have done to cause all of this in the first place.

The problem I have Is if I accept this level of incompetence you will do it again to me or someone else.

I would also appreciate it if you could tell me where my internet service has being going to since the 29th of April as it has not being going to my house.

You were told of the problem on the 29th of April and not one of your customer advisers where qualified enough to tell the truth about what the problem was it took you untill the 16th of may to tell me you had caused this problem.

I can confirm to you I will probably be leaving your company as you don't seem to know what you are doing with regards to broadband provision.
Terranova667
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

You were told what caused it you were being moved over to Plusnet's new Network which everyone eventually will be moved over to, unfortunately something went wrong when they moved you over,  your connection was still there but not to the Plusnet servers / network so they are now moving you back to the old one.