cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet are absolute cowboys. Do not join them!

harrygottschalk

Plusnet are absolute cowboys. Do not join them!

I was supposed to "go live" with Plusnet yesterday. I got the two texts to confirm my line and broadband were ready to go.

Finished work, got home, plugged it all it, not working. Went through the troubleshooting instructions. No broadband!

Called customer services, got through after a 30 minute wait.

Spoke to a technician, spent two hours on the phone trying to establish the problem and get my online. At the end of the conversation it is established that some person at Plusnet had signed me up to basic broadband and sent me the wrong router. He promised me someone senior from customer service would sort the problem out and call me the next day to explain what's what and get me up and running ASAP.

Did I get a phone call and apology? No, of course not. So I used their live chat, spoke to a customer service advisor, called [CSA Removed]. No explanation, no apology. Said he would get a technician to try and get this fixed, so I can use their basic broadband working until they sort the situation and get my fibre installed. We tried this last night, it didnt work! He then said he cant tell me when my internet will be working. He said it would be at least 10 days. I ordered this early November. Now I wont have any internet for Christmas. It is my son's birthday this coming Tuesday and I bought him an Amazon Alexa. He's going to have a lot of fun with that on his birthday. He's essentially got a plastic tube to pay with! So Christmas now, with no internet, great!

Still no explanation or apology as to why. Oh, and my partner works from home so it completely stuffed. Thankfully she works for a consumer magazine so this farce will at least provide her with a colourful article to expose these absolute [Removed]!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insults aimed at Plusnet staff removed as per Forum rules.

11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Plusnet are absolute cowboys. Do not join them!

This is ridiculous. If they send you the correct Hub One that works on both standard ADSL and fibre. I would try contacting them again and reminding them of the fact.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The Plusnet brand only supply 2 routers, both of which are compatible with ADSL.

So if what you have been told is true "that some person at Plusnet had signed me up to basic broadband", you should be able to get online.

If you have a 2704n...
https://www.plus.net/help/assets/images/broadband/routers/2704n.png

Then you might have to log into the router and change its operating mode to ADSL.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult in quote removed as per Forum rules.

harrygottschalk

That's the one I have been sent. Yes.

Baldrick1

Do you mean you have been sent a 2704? If so maybe they have got the fibre bit right so all you need is a Hub One.

Moderator and Customer

harrygottschalk

Yes, they sent that router but they couldn't get me online last night. They tried to get me online with my current (old) BT fibre router too

notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You're going to have to find out which way round it is. Are you currently on ADSL and should be on fibre? Or are you on fibre and should be on ADSL.
harrygottschalk

I love the way the moderators come along and do their thing while customer service department ignore the thread. Says an awful lot.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

The moderators, who are not PlusNet staff are only applying the forum rules which you had broken.

How about answering the questions that other members have raised to try to help. It was not clear which router or broadband service you should have.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@harrygottschalk Customer service is staffed by Plusnet employees. The Moderators are just customers, not Plusnet employees.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1

@harrygottschalk

I see you are new to this forum so thought it might be worth passing on my personal view of how things sort of work:

As I see it there are the following 'groups' of posters,

1. Those who are unhappy with Plusnet and just want to tell the world.

2. Those with problems and are prepared to go to a little trouble to try to solve it themself if possible with a little help from this forum.

3. Customers who come here to try to help those in Group 2.

4. Plusnet Staff. You may argue that they don't have enough time to come here and look through posts often enough but when they do they do their damnest to resolve issues for both Groups 1 and 2.

5. Moderators and Superusers who are customers who give up a lot of their time keeping the forum in order and helping people.

As a newby to the forum you need to decide whether you want to be in Group1 or Group 2 with this problem. 

Moderator and Customer

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes I can understand you're frustrated @harrygottschalk. I would be too if I were in your position. None of us have a problem with that.

Staff do monitor these forums and do post - though with it being a weekend I don't know how many are on.

Try to calm it down a bit and we'll all try to help you, and so will the staff.