cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet:- We Wont Do You Proud Just Screw It Up

PhantomR
Grafter

Plusnet:- We Wont Do You Proud Just Screw It Up

As Usual,Plusnet have screwed up my account and turned it all round again on me and.made me out to be the bad guy...after having 18 months of Hell with Standard ADSL Broadband i decided long and hard to give you one last chance to upgrade to fibre...and although i dont agree with the high price of the offer compared to other providers i agreed to the upgrade with a completion date of the 31st july...2 days away as i typed this post...however just checking my account i noticed that the order was stuck on "pending"  and the price had changed after the verbal confirmation so i rang to check this out,as usual a 15 minute wait before being connected and as suspected.the adviser in customer options couldn't understand it either so said she would check with his "friend" in "provisioning" and come back to me..hold music comes on line then tehe usual "have your details to hand message is heard"ok i guessed what had happened but checked with the provisioning agent if the details had been passed through and they had not...after explaining yet again the issue the agent checked on the system and gave me a new date which would push my upgrade ANOTHER 10 DAYS AHEAD making it 20 days before upgrade...when i asked why this was i got told this is what i was originally told which it wasnt and details regarding the offer had to be talked with by customer options and the date wasnt going to happen so my anger started to show up and i got transferred back to cancel the upgrade to which the customer options tAgent

15 REPLIES 15
PhantomR
Grafter

Re: Plusnet:- We Wont Do You Proud Just Screw It Up

basically insulted me by telling me the further 10 days ahead date was correct and that "you shouldn't have expectations on when you want a service to be completed"....at this point i was fuming & proceeded to swear a little and i advisee him that i expected it to be completee when you told me it was on the 30th to which he didnt care at this point so i told him to cancel the account...if you seriously call this service "PLUSNET...DOING YOU PROUD" then i must have missedvthe memo as you obviously dont care about new or existing customers at all...otherwise i would have the need to write this....Well Done...NOT !!!!!!

SORT YOURSELVES OUT YOUR A MESS OF A COMPANY AND STARTING TO LOOK LIKE A JOKE.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience with our support team.

Apologies that your fibre order wasn't placed automatically when you contacted us to upgrade last week. I can see we've placed this a couple of days ago. Sorry for the delay in getting it activated, our suppliers ask us for a minimum lead time of 5 working days + it's been pushed back further due to engineer availability in the area.

Many apologies for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PhantomR
Grafter

Hiya Gandalf.

Thats besides the point...i was made aware at the point of order that it could take between 5 -10 days from the point of order so i never count the first day just the time after that due to your slow systems...anyways today should originally have been the connection date but due to the attitude and lies i experienced from the operators who didnt have a clue what was happening and the fact you dont care about your customers new or existing as i had to fight to get a decent upgrade/regrade deal i cancelled the order and have started to look for a new provider...a further 10 days ib top of the original quoted time scale is ridiculous and you cant blame it on engineer availability as thwy are always around here day in and day out

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The lead times are that of our suppliers, which begin from the point we've placed the order with BT Wholesale. I am very sorry that this was not done when you initially called us to upgrade. As always, I'll be passing feedback on.

Unfortunately, it's not our place as an ISP to manage our suppliers' resource.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@PhantomR wrote:

i agreed to the upgrade with a completion date of the 31st july

That's a whole month off yet.  Is "red mist" causing confusion here?  Might understand the month being wrong, but then June does not have 31 days... Cool_smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like we advised a completion date of 28th June, which didn't happen as the system didn't place the order with BTW.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PhantomR
Grafter

Townman:- OK Youbgot me on that point but the.simple explanation for that was i was writing the posts on my phone and the spellchecker literrally takes over and somebof the time it puts in words and months i havent typed afterr i've typed them...it gets very frustrating at times but i live with it..Tongue

Anywho...The completion date i meant to type was 1st of july not the 31st july but i was advised 10 days from the 21st yet when i checked the order tracket and i saw the different pricing on my account to what i agreed to and also that my order was still "pending" after 8 days this is where i questioned it and the agents responses & attitude towards me on the phone and the transferring around as they didnt have a clue what was going on started the "red mist" of fury when i was told it was now going to be the 10th of july neary 20 days since placing the regrade/upgrade order when initially advised "in some cases within 5 days,but you have to allow upto 10 days".

Anyways I'm still in two minds whether to give Plusnet one final chance to resolve this as no one as followed up on this by phone like a good compqny should.

PhantomR
Grafter

Anoush:- even if the date of completion was the 28th (7days after oder being place) i would have expected to have been notified on any updates or issues to "keep me in the loop" and thus woupd have kept my anger down to a minimum if my account was updated to reflect this so other operators could see this when i queried it...however as you are my provider for the internet it falls in your lap as PLUSNET to deal with the BTW SYSTEMS for placing orders and to keep things on track up to the connection date i shouldnt have to keep chasing you up as a customer to remind you to do your jobs properly...if this is the case.maybe yiu shoiuld start paying your customers wages instead.Funny

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @PhantomR

I'm sorry that you've had these issues, it's not anyone else's fault but ours I'm afraid. We failed to place the orders and this in turn meant that you weren't updated when things didn't progress as planned. 

Once this happened @Gandalf placed the order for you, It takes a minimum of 5 days to migrate from ADSL to Fibre however as it involves engineering work we are limited by engineer availability in your area.

If you decide to go ahead with your orders let us know and we will monitor the migration personally.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
pyarwood
Dabbler

I love the WAY PLUSNET SAY OUR SUPPLIERS you mean the company THAT OWN YOU are you saying you place an order with BT GROUP (your parent company) and because they would rather prioritize BT RETAIL customers over BT PLUSNET customers you come up with some stupid excuse as to why the order didnt happen on the right date.

OFCOM are investigating BT GROUP this is actually the 10th case i know of where  PLUSNET apparently forgot to place the order but in the OTHER 9 the order was proven to be placed with BT (plusnet parent company not mere suppliers). and BT openreach (soon to be another plusnet in the bt empire) dealt with its rich bt retail customers over its cheap plusnet subsiduary

Subsidiary
Industry Internet, VoIP, Telephony, Digital television
Founded 1997 (as Plusnet Technologies Ltd)
Headquarters Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
Key people
Andrew Baker, Chief Executive
Products Internet services
Landline telephone services
Digital television
Owner BT Group
Website www.plus.net
pyarwood
Dabbler

I had a completion date change when it was missed and plusnet DENIED it was ever that date its only when i shown the the plusnet date AND the bt openreach system order date they had to admit bt openreach were too busy so bumped them off the list

pyarwood
Dabbler

one bit of advise i got to give you with plusnet copy every screen and record ever call because when you contact them again they dispute they ever told you what you think they did.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

Whilst we're owned by BT Group, our suppliers [BT Openreach & BT Wholesale] are not allowed to provide preferential treatment to ISPs Plusnet and BT Retail just because we're all part of the same group.

This is Ofcom ruling, to keep things fair and equal across all ISPs that use the same suppliers.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I must say that whenever PN staff refer to 'our suppliers' it really grates with me. I can only assume that there is a management instruction dictating that this is how PN staff must refer to colleagues in other branches of their organisation.

In terms of priority I know that preferential treatment is 'not allowed' as per corporate management instructions to satisfy Ofcom requirements, however at lower levels in the organisation I suspect that the real world comes into play.

A cynical old s*d like me would not be surprised if career progress at lower levels depended on minimum hassle being passed up the line. Hence the temptation is to manipulate priorities such as: 1. ISPs independant of BT group (because they complain to Ofcom, MPs etc.) 2. BT (they are seen by BT as their premium brand). 3. PN. 

We all have the choice whether to take the rough with the smooth and stick with PN. For me the real plus point is the help available from this forum.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'