cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Switchover

DCam

Plusnet Switchover

I received an e-mail yesterday at 9.30pm yesterday to say my unlimited fibre broadband was ready to go. I set up the router as per the instructions. It went through a green, briefly blue to flashing orange power light and it has been flashing orange ever since. The email suggested it may take a few minutes, when I tried to connect online it says it can take up to 24 hours. It’s now over that and I have been without broadband for 2 days as it has been down since first thing yesterday morning. When I followed the troubleshooter route for ‘it’s been over 24 hours’ the only options involved the colour of the power light and the broadband light. I haven’t seen a broadband ‘b’ light so does this just mean I haven’t been connected yet after all?
4 REPLIES 4
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Plusnet Switchover

Hi and good morning .
Try popping your telephone number in the link below and see if there any open orders on your line, if there are open orders it will show when these are due to complete
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @DCam,

I'm very sorry that your broadband isn't working yet and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

I can see that you have now discussed this with an advisor who has determined that this is a fault, with an engineer visit being booked so that this can be investigated further. Our faults team will be in touch with you after the visit to make sure that everything is working correctly for you and will issue a pro-rata refund of your subscription charges for the period of time that you were unable to use your broadband.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
DCam

Thank you for replying to my post Emily.
I have been without broadband since first thing Friday morning and an engineer is now booked for Wednesday 8th.
I was already wondering how Plusnet justify taking a full payment on the 17th April, over 2 weeks before the switchover booked on the 3rd May, especially as the claim was that there were no set up/ transfer fees. Is that actually where that 2 weeks charges goes? But now I may not have any broadband connection until at least the 8th May so I’m glad Plusnet recognises a refund will need to be made.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@DCam, in an ideal situation your account activates when your order has completed and your service works and you're billed accordingly from then. Unfortunately in your case there appears to be a fault, which is preventing you from connecting.

We'll ensure you get a refund or credit for the time you've paid for a service you haven't had though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet