Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Router not changing Wifi Channel - Plusnet 2704n

deejayburnout
Grafter

Plusnet Router not changing Wifi Channel - Plusnet 2704n

Peeps
Got 80/20 fibre now and was sent the new Plusnet 2704n router. i want to put my wifi channel to 12 as 2 and six are saturated around me and in the settings it set to 12 but using a Android wifi app, the router is still on channel 6. Set to Auto and no change either.
Any advice anyone.
Also, is it me or is the wifi range on this thing pants. my old PN ADSL router had far better wifi range, and both were sited in the same position.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Router not changing Wifi Channel - Plusnet 2704n

Try Ch 11.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Try Ch 11
If that fails to improve matters then
my old PN ADSL router had far better wifi range
Was that a TG582n by any chance ? if so, you could always try flashing it with the latest firmware which allows it to be used for Fibre ( uses LAN port 4 ).  The firmware, update tool and instructions are here http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/ . If you use the 10.2.5.2.FO then that has the ability to revert to ADSL should you ever need it in the future.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

deejayburnout
Grafter

after a few days tried again and now its changed. Not sure why but its working now.
Thanks