Plusnet Profiles, Static IPs and the New Network

FIXED
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Plusnet Profiles, Static IPs and the New Network

Hi

I was on the new network before moving house, so an guessing I still am after moving house, but couldn't be sure.  I have a static IP.  Does the Plusnet Profile still apply with this?  I have a vague memory of it being done differently on the new network, but wasn't sure if the scenario with static IPs used it or not?

Anyway to my issue.  Since my house move I've been syncing pretty much to the maximum (as I'd expect.  I can see the cabinet from my window!), but speed tests are coming back at around 20Mb download.  The BT Wholesale test is giving an error on the further diagnostics part.

I put it down at first to the powerline adapters I'm using at the moment until I do a little building work around where I'm going to put my office, so to be sure, I've just disconnected them and connected directly to my router via Ethernet with the same results (though better upload).

So basically, if the Plusnet profile is still in play for my connection, could someone check/reset it for me please?

Thanks

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Plusnet Profiles, Static IPs and the New Network

Fix

You are still on the new network, however as you have a static IP, the profile on your account would still come in to play.

I've corrected this for you so a disconnect/reconnect should get you back up to speed. Apologies for any confusion/inconvenience that caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Plusnet Profiles, Static IPs and the New Network

Many thanks @HarryB, that is much better when I'm not using the powerline adapters!

Thanks

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.