Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Profile drop

AndyH
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Profile drop

Quote from: Chris
If you take the bridge tap in to context with the other results, there does not appear to be an issue. The line is testing as green and ok without issues. The line is not syncing at the top end of the band, so the banding isn't causing any issues.

My point is that the OP is more than likely going to get a more stable line without the bridge tap and in turn a higher sync speed.
I believe the Openreach installers are suppose to check and correct any bridge taps that are present before completing an installation. It also might be an intermittent problem for the OP or the source of the intermittent voltage issue.
Out of interest, what happens with someone that signs up for FTTC with estimate X and then his speeds continue to drop but so do his estimates? It would seem unfair to be told there is nothing that can be done if you signed up for one estimate and your line is continually degrading along with the estimates.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Thank you Andy at least your someone that is seeing it from my point of view I dont understand why Plusnet are being so unwilling to help are they under orders from BTW not to.
your point about the changing estimate is a valid and interesting one,  i have argued with support and the DCT over and over with them about it I knew it would be used against me and clearly it has,  I was under the impression the ISP is on the side of the customer who pays them for the service I guess that's wrong  Plusnet  prefer to stick to their BTW Computer says no script than help, clearly i made a mistake in choosing plusnet.  
Terranova667
Pro

Well is anyone on the DCT going to do anything about the points that Andy rasied,  ie this one "My point is that the OP is more than likely going to get a more stable line without the bridge tap and in turn a higher sync speed".

If the bridge tap being removed is going to give me a higher sync therefore at least some of my speed back then i request it be done or is it simply going to be ignored 
Terranova667
Pro

I guess the answer is it will be ignored  Angry
WWWombat
Grafter

Do you want to see if the "bridge tap" is actually affecting your line?
The open firmware version of the HG612 allows you to get at the line characteristics data, and allows graphs to be generated for the Hlog and QLN information.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.