cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Line Speed Change Please!

mlmclaren
Grafter

Plusnet Line Speed Change Please!

My connection seems to have had G.INP enabled on it and I'm now able to sync at much higher speeds and my latency has dropped.
I cannot speed test above 52mbps though and I'm lead to believe this is because Plusnet's systems still have my line set at 54mb can somebody change it so it matches my new sync of 67mb.
If this can be done ASAP I can confirm whether my line is operating correctly or not prior to my Openreach engineer visit on Monday!
I have included the modem stats below.
8 REPLIES 8
dnpark38
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Line Speed Change Please!

Sorry to jump in here but,
"My connection SEEMS to have had G.INP enabled on it"
Do not know about this G.INP thing I guess from what you say it is a good thing but how much does it aim to improve things and who has it and who not got it please?
I get 28Mb out of 38Mb.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
sjptd
Grafter

The block may also be the BT wholesale profile.  In this case, disconnect and reconnect the router (NOT the modem).  You can safely power cycle it, or better disconnect/reconnect from the web interface.  
extra details in case you want to know : ....
You can check that first if you like by running the BT speedtest (http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/) and going to Further Diagnostics.  That will give the BT wholesale download profile; it will be just below 52 or just below 67.
The BT profile is matched to just below the sync speed when a new router-internet (PPPoE) connection is made (as above).  Usually when the cabinet-modem connection is resynced (as happened when you got your improved sync) the higher level router-internet connection is  broken and so it has to reconnect and the profile is properly updated.  However, sometimes the resync is so fast the router does not notice and the old PPPoE connection remains and the BT wholesale profile gets 'stale'.
sjptd
Grafter

@dnpark38  G.INP is an improved way to combat impulse noise, so a line can get by better with lower error correction and interleaving.  They are gradually rolling it out; who gets it when is a bit random (like most things in broadband).
If you have got an unlocked HG612, the "xdslcmd info --stats"  will return information for both Bearer 0 and Bearer 1 if G.INP is enabled.  Also information such as
G.INP Framing:          18              18
G.INP lookback:        11              13
It may be that you need to allow your modem to be updated to the latest firmware for G.INP to work.  Depending on your unlock you may have blocked such updates.  Someone else can probably give better detail on these points.
dnpark38
Rising Star

Thanks
"It may be that you need to allow your modem to be updated to the latest firmware for G.INP to work.  Depending on your unlock you may have blocked such updates.  Someone else can probably give better detail on these points."
No I'm quite simple set up here can't get info. out of the Openreach modem supplied by Plusnet and not BT/OR and Router supplied by Plusnet a Sagecom 2704N
So all settings will be down to Plusnet and as I guess OR do not know I got their modem will be up to Plusnet to update it as required.
mlmclaren
Grafter

BTw profile is 64mb since last night
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've changed your profile on our side to match the 64Mb.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dnpark38
Rising Star

When the rest of us get this BT change on our lines will what you just done in this case happen automatically please?
dick:quote
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I've changed your profile on our side to match the 64Mb.

Cheers!