cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub

bellevueace
Dabbler

Plusnet Hub

After having problems with my open reach router I was supplies a new plusnet hub, ive only had it a couple of months and it should have settled down now but a couple of times ive lost internet connection whilst browsing. When I shut down the pc and follow the instructions for re booting and re setting the hub its then back online and working at normal speed. My question is what causes this loss of connectivity? The phone line is fine is it likely to be a network thing? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Plusnet Hub

hi @bellevueace

Are you using WiFi to connect to the router or a cable from the PC?

If WIFi, then try the router guides at http://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/ , look at the section "How Do I check or change my wi-fi settings"  and change the parameter "Sync with 2.4Ghz (5Ghz band only)" so that it is unchecked, then change the SSID name for the 5Ghz perhaps by adding the number 5 to it.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
bellevueace
Dabbler

Hi

Im using a cable no wifi

SpendLessTime
Hero

When you lose connection to the internet, can you still log onto the router?

bellevueace
Dabbler

I never tried logging into the router, i wasnt sure how to do it tbh not being that informed on tech stuff.

SpendLessTime
Hero

All the instructions are given http://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/ , just click on the picture of your router and there is a section explaining how to log onto the router and a video too.

bellevueace
Dabbler

Thanks for that